Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
short version - when Noah had bad poops as a pup we went to science diet z/d he was regular within two weeks. Loves the food.
Same thing with Riley. After one feeding of Acana her poops were solid again and have been that way since she started on it a week ago. I was concerned about the richness of the food but she is tolerating it well.
Since the poops were already bad we switched cold turkey. I am never trying another food again!

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I picked up more low residue from the vet today. Couldn't get a fecal sample to take in though. They wanted the fecal to see if maybe there is a bacterial infection (the new theory?).

I didn't want to do this, but I have a vet that lives in the building next to me and we've talked off and on and he seems super nice and caring. I know he had mentioned the metro one night, but I forgot to remind him about it. So perhaps after the holiday I will see if I can take him in to that vet. I just didn't want things to get awkward, but he seems willing to help.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Hi All,
I just thought I'd send out a happy update! As of today Rupert has been diarrhea free since Thanksgiving!

I switched him (slowly) over to Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Stomach and so far he's doing really well. Now I'm crossing my fingers for the future!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. They were greatly appreciated!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.