Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Updated Photos - Opinions welcome!!!!

2K views 29 replies 26 participants last post by  tippykayak 
#1 ·
Here is a 9 month old male. Any thoughts and opinions are more then welcome.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
I try to never comment on a dog based on a photo as the angle of the camera, stacking, yayda, yadya, yadya can be off. But here goes. I personally don't think the first two photos are good enough. In the second one his head appears out of proportion to his body to me, but his head looks better in the third photo. Which is the truer photo? Who knows? And he is only 9 months so of course he may be out of balance at this time but will balance out (if that is a term) as he matures some more and as the breeder I am sure you know the tendencies of the pedigrees. You know what a good dog is, trust your gut at this time. I for one would NOT give up on him yet based on the photos that is for sure. And if you like you can drop him off at my house anytime!

#12 ·
Nice head and great coat and only 9 months old! Nice thick legs, he is going to be a big boy. He looks like he is about to break out of his stack on the first picture so that gives his topline too much downward slope. The second picture shows a nice rear. According to my rookie eye looking at the pictures, the upper arm may be a bit too straight or something with the front end. I can't believe he is only 9 months old and looks that good.

#26 ·
I was thinking the same thing, but I know very little of what's "correct." Something just seems a little off in the pictures. Maybe he just needs to balance out a little bit...

#20 ·
I don't know nuttin' bout breedin' no dogs, but I think he's pert near perfect! :)

Sorry, this head cold got the better of me.

Oh Come on Paula, be HONEST. It's not the head cold but the drugs you are taking for it! :)

#21 ·
I don't think the photos do right by him. He looks "off" in his stack and a little upright in the front, but again, it could be the stack or the slope of the ground that he is on, or the angle of the camera.

Of course, if he were one of my guys at 9 months, I wouldn't be showing pictures to anybody because my guys are U-G-L-Y at 9 months.

His head is pretty and overall, he looks nice enough that I would not give up on him at this age.

Right now, Bindi looks like someone made a very nice Golden out of silly putty, and then stretched it out and it didn't quite snap back ;) No pictures of her for a while!

#25 ·
I don't think the photos do right by him. He looks "off" in his stack and a little upright in the front, but again, it could be the stack or the slope of the ground that he is on, or the angle of the camera.

Of course, if he were one of my guys at 9 months, I wouldn't be showing pictures to anybody because my guys are U-G-L-Y at 9 months.

His head is pretty and overall, he looks nice enough that I would not give up on him at this age.

Right now, Bindi looks like someone made a very nice Golden out of silly putty, and then stretched it out and it didn't quite snap back ;) No pictures of her for a while!
My 9 month old is U-G-L-Y too,ha! I have taken some pictures of him stacked and EEEWWWW! That is why I'm only putting head shots in on my avatar...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.