Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Love Him! Are you thinking about getting him?

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Very beautiful! I'm not the best critic, as I think all goldens are equally perfect!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Handsome!! He's outstanding. Can you send some of his long flowing coat to Buzz?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Just Gorgeous!!!!! I too love his beautiful flowing coat!! What a guy! ;)

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
I try to never comment on a dog based on a photo as the angle of the camera, stacking, yayda, yadya, yadya can be off. But here goes. I personally don't think the first two photos are good enough. In the second one his head appears out of proportion to his body to me, but his head looks better in the third photo. Which is the truer photo? Who knows? And he is only 9 months so of course he may be out of balance at this time but will balance out (if that is a term) as he matures some more and as the breeder I am sure you know the tendencies of the pedigrees. You know what a good dog is, trust your gut at this time. I for one would NOT give up on him yet based on the photos that is for sure. And if you like you can drop him off at my house anytime!

·
Peace...
924 Posts
That's what I was thinking..send him to Pennsylvania! :)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Nice head and great coat and only 9 months old! Nice thick legs, he is going to be a big boy. He looks like he is about to break out of his stack on the first picture so that gives his topline too much downward slope. The second picture shows a nice rear. According to my rookie eye looking at the pictures, the upper arm may be a bit too straight or something with the front end. I can't believe he is only 9 months old and looks that good.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
He's a nice looking boy, but in those pictures, something seems a little off to me. It could just be the perspective or the stack, but his head looks small in profile and his topline, as stacked, is pretty out of whack.

That said, I'm sure he'd melt my heart in person.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I try to never comment on a dog based on a photo as the angle of the camera, stacking, yayda, yadya, yadya can be off. But here goes. I personally don't think the first two photos are good enough. In the second one his head appears out of proportion to his body to me, but his head looks better in the third photo. Which is the truer photo? Who knows? And he is only 9 months so of course he may be out of balance at this time but will balance out (if that is a term) as he matures some more and as the breeder I am sure you know the tendencies of the pedigrees. You know what a good dog is, trust your gut at this time. I for one would NOT give up on him yet based on the photos that is for sure. And if you like you can drop him off at my house anytime!
Carefull there. You're going to get me in trouble at work. I'm not suppose to be cracking up laughing while I'm working.:bowl:

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
I don't know nuttin' bout breedin' no dogs, but I think he's pert near perfect! :)

Sorry, this head cold got the better of me.

Oh Come on Paula, be HONEST. It's not the head cold but the drugs you are taking for it! :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts