Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mr. Wilson's mom too!!
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, i am all over the place with my GR search, I am still waiting to hear back from a breeder about an older puppy, i put another application in for a rescue and i am still in contact with a breeder of the below puppies....

i don't need a show puppy, just a happy and healthy puppy.

anyway,
i was looking at these two puppies and they seem to have different shape face? what will they look like when they get bigger? or is at male vs. female shape:confused:

(ETA: i am not picking a PUPPY this way, just curious fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!);)

************uploaded them again in post 7, if u can't see them

5 weeks old
female

male

·
Administrator
16,472 Posts
hmmm, i see them, i copy and pasted them... let me try another format:doh:
If you wish as well, the next time you want to add pictures to a post you could try to upload it in a post right from your computer. When you make a post you will see the manage attachments button. Click on that button then find the picture in your computer and try uploading it right into a picture post and see if that works.

·
Mr. Wilson's mom too!!
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This:

Turned into this:

dyinggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!! so cute, thank u:)

If you wish as well, the next time you want to add pictures to a post you could try to upload it in a post right from your computer. When you make a post you will see the manage attachments button. Click on that button then find the picture in your computer and try uploading it right into a picture post and see if that works.
oh, i copied them to my facebook page, does this work? can u see them? if not i will try it this way, ty!!!

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
OMG PUPPY CUTENESS!!!!

I like the faces of both the females better than the male but they are all cute.

To me I didn't have a strong opinion of what they would look like growing up. I know Teddi had the PRETTIEST eyes of any dog I had ever seen, she still does. Gabby's breeder said Gabby has the prettiest head, I didn't see that in her puppy pictures but as she got older (6 weeks and up) I really thought she had a beautiful face. She also still does.

Teddi was an EXTREMELY fluffy puppy, she is a field golden, so she does not have the same style double coat as the show dogs do. I did not see that until she shed her puppy coat. Then I waited for her fluff to grow in, never did. Gabby is now just blowing her puppy coat, and shedding for the winter. I am curious what her coat will turn out like. Her daddy had "more" coat than usual for a field dog, momma was dark red and curly.

Oh I think if you get a puppy you won't care what they look like later you will be so in love it won't matter anymore.

·
Mr. Wilson's mom too!!
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do mom and dad look like? You won't get a nice broad head if they are both pointy, etc.
i am adding the mom and the dad pics. i think the mom has the sweetest face!! :) what do u think?

OMG PUPPY CUTENESS!!!!

I like the faces of both the females better than the male but they are all cute.

To me I didn't have a strong opinion of what they would look like growing up. I know Teddi had the PRETTIEST eyes of any dog I had ever seen, she still does. Gabby's breeder said Gabby has the prettiest head, I didn't see that in her puppy pictures but as she got older (6 weeks and up) I really thought she had a beautiful face. She also still does.

Teddi was an EXTREMELY fluffy puppy, she is a field golden, so she does not have the same style double coat as the show dogs do. I did not see that until she shed her puppy coat. Then I waited for her fluff to grow in, never did. Gabby is now just blowing her puppy coat, and shedding for the winter. I am curious what her coat will turn out like. Her daddy had "more" coat than usual for a field dog, momma was dark red and curly.

Oh I think if you get a puppy you won't care what they look like later you will be so in love it won't matter anymore.
thank u for u response, and ITA with the 2nd bolded part:):)

and i think the female (it is only one, 2 pictures of her) is my favorite, i love her eyes... they are calling me:)

here are the parents:

Attachments

·
Kate
21,201 Posts
Both parents are pretty... I'm thinking you might see a mixture of the two in the puppies. My Jacks still has the same expression that he did when he was 6 weeks or so.

I thought I'd throw this in simply because it was something I was smiling over this morning...

These are 4 week old half-siblings of my guy. Same mom. Different dad.

The little girl at the top of the pic - if she had a slightly bigger head and was a little lighter, she'd be her half-bro's twin. :smooch:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
So cute! People who know what they are doing (ie. not me!) can tell. Cosmo's dad is a beautiful show dog. Neither Cosmo nor his littermate look anything like him.

Just wanted to clarify something to help you with your search. ALL reputable breeders compete in either show or other competition with their Goldens, preferably both. A breeder that does not is breeding for the sake of creating puppies with no particular benefit to the breed, ie. they are a backyard breeder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts