Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a little while so I thought I would let everyone know how Shelby is doing. If you would like the back story on her, check this post to see old pictures of her.

http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/showthread.php?t=69206

She was just 4.5 pounds when I got her on December 1st and was a sick little girl. She is now up to 12 pounds and doing much better. There was also a thought that she might not be full GR and several people mentioned seeing spaniel in her. I also noticed that she has some purple-ish spots on her tongue. I took a picture to try and show this and you can see a few of them.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Oh Shelby is so CUTE, and looks like she is very healthy now:smooch: with all your loving care!:) What a Sweetheart she is, and so look forward to seeing more pictures of her, and hearing updates.

·
Premium Member
18,456 Posts
Oh gosh, she is so adorable! A lot of dogs, Goldens included, have dark pigment on their tongue. We call them treat spots, lol.

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
Those purplish spots are totally normal. Bailey has them in her mouth too. I still think you have a pure bred Golden. :D

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
Oh, I am so glad to know that your little Shelby is doing better! I was just wondering about her the other day. Have fun with her.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
What a little doll. She looks PERFECT to me, thanks for the update.Keep up the good work (and post more pics !!)

·
& Romeo's mom
732 Posts
Awwww, what a cutie. How lucky Shelby was to have found you. :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
She's a cutie, glad to hear she's in better health. It will be interesting to see what she grows up to be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
she certainly looks like a golden retriever and is thriving with happiness! saw your old post, you one one great dog owner!! :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
She is so adorable! I love seeing those little puppy teeth...so tiny and cute! Looks like you're taking excellent care of her. How old is she?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for all the well wishes and compliments! She is a cute little girl and for the most part, she stays out of trouble too.

As far as the age, I am not completely sure if I can trust the date given to me, but the breeder (puppy mill) told me she was born on Oct. 2nd. I think she may have just said that to put her at the 8 week mark and make it ok to take her away from her mother.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
She is ADORABLE!!! I LOVE the last picture it made me smile! :)

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I love the last picture too. She looks all Golden to me. What a sweetheart.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Wow, what a difference. She looks great. She was so lucky to have found you to love & care for her.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts