Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Well today is day 12 after spay surgery, which of course has come with many complications LOL.

The false pregnancy seems to be coming to an end - I hope...She still is not eating a whole lot, but some is an improvement from last week. She got a bad case of the zoomies this morning, which was great to see.

Her incision...well...she started pooping out stitches Monday night LOL. I have really tried to keep a close eye on her. I made a jumper for her out of a tank top, and she wears the soft e collar. Somehow the last 3 mornings I have been greeted by her without her jumper - how she gets it off with the e collar and being in her crate is beyond me.

The good news is, her guts did not fall out (I had that happen with a cat, gross..I had to drive to the vet and apply pressure on a squirmy cat at the same time)...it does not look red, or oozing or anything gross. I have been making a paste of colostrum and applying that once a day - it looks 100 times better than it did on Sunday. I think I give up on the jumper, and the collar at this point. I don't think we will need to go on Friday to have the stitches removed - she is doing a great job all by herself. Of course if anything looks funky I will get it checked out.

All in all, I think she is doing a lot better than she was...So much for spay being easy and uncomplicated - not on this girl.

Thank you for your prayers, positive thoughts and help thru this.

Julie

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Glad to hear Layla is doing better.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
It is good that Layla is doing well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts