Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Miss Kitty hasn't eaten since at least Friday, and has been real lazy (yes, more than a normal cat, ha)

She went to the vet today at 3pm and they did a fecal, and she didn't give them much but it was negative. She had a geriatric panel done, which she will call with the results tomorrow, she had a feline leukemia test-negative, had glucose tested- it's a little low, which is obvious, her liver and kidnet enzymes are good. I hope she's just pulling something on me, but for 172 dollars, I won't be happy! ;) haha

Pray for her!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She is still not wanting to eat. =( I can feel her hip bones now. I have to force feed her every couple hours or so with the food the vet gave me. I've given her olive oil, incase she had a hairball or is constipated. I also give her a little yogurt every now and then to keep her sugar up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Try something else, maybe you should try offering her kitten food.
Many adult cats, especially when sick are very picky about their food, but not many adult cats can resist kitten food and it might help and jump start her appetite.
Even if she eats some of that yoghurt, it just doesn't contain all nutrition. Kitten food will provide the additional nutrition and also help her recoup some of losses.
Good luck.
pepe

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pepe is right, kitten food is the best choice of food.
Heffanator (what a nick :)) as long as Miss Kitty is with you, I think the best thing you can do is give her your time, attention and love. Your cat is going through a rough time but no matter what, this is what means the most to her.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts