Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gigi l'amoroso
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody! Here is a little update on my puppy Gino, who arrived last month at almost 18 weeks. I am pleased to say that Gino has adjusted marvelously. He is now 5 months and 1 week old. In the past month he has:

-Finally learned his name and happily responds to it every time :)
-Caught on to housebreaking very quickly, although he will still sometimes have an "accident" (he knows where he needs to go and what he needs to do but is sometimes intrigued by a new spot and will do his business there. Otherwise, he really is very good with his nature calls)
-Learned sit, come, NO, stay (but is sometimes way too stubborn to listen or might even give us a defiant look). We are starting training sessions very soon.
-Been giving us the warmest greetings when we each come home. He "talks" and cries and wags his tail. Then he goes and finds either his favorite green bone or his tennis ball and comes back growling, showing it off and hugging us with his arms. He likes to also walk away, then come back happily so we can admire his toy again.
-Really come to consider himself a member of the family :p:. He is a true companion and more than we could have asked for. He hates being left out of anything and loves to join in, even if it's lying quietly on the kitchen floor while I bake with my friend. First thing he wants to do in the morning is find and greet the entire family and he will sit and cry in front of bedroom doors until we allow him to come in and say: "GOOD MORNING..*lick, lick, growl, jump*...". He really is very, very loving and sweet. He has completely wrapped himself around our hearts.

And lest you think he is perfect, he isn't. He is an absolute pain to bathe, seriously. He jumps out of the bathtup mid-shower like a horse, never mind that he is soaking wet, soapy from his shampoo and not done with his bath :mad:. Then we have to drag him back in, which he makes difficult by making himself really stiff. He is also afraid of the blowdryer, even on the coolest, gentlest setting but we absolutely must use it or he will catch a old. We have never once pointed it at his face or even close, so I don;t know why it scares him:(. I once caught him poking just his head inside the bathroom, watching me blowdrying my own hair (I didn't realize he was there). He had a priceless look of fascination and confusion seeing me do this to myself and actually enjoy it :p:! Hopefully it will encourage him for his next bath :crossfing

Sorry for the really long and bloggy post :eek:. Here are a few shots of Gino from the past month:

Cheese :D He has already lost all of his baby teeth, just lost the canines this past weekend

Ninja Gino with his favorite toy ever :)

He no longer sleeps in his crate but he still sleeps with his paws like this and I adore it :)

Naughty!

Gino le miserable, desperately begging for a cheddar and onion Kettle chip! Yes, we do feed him. In fact, to his left, just outside the frame was his own shiny plate of food which he had just happily consumed before said chips were brought out ;)

Growing up...Gino's latest photo taken last night

And here is an oldie from the breeder...

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
He sounds like a delightful pup to have in your family. I love how he greets you and his 'good mornings'. Sweet.

I think you forgot the pictures. Don't tease us. :no: Oh, I see the red x now where the pictures should be. I have the best luck uploading from another picture site rather than my own computer. I use photobucket but any of that type of site will work.

·
Gigi l'amoroso
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much Penny's mom. He really is a sweetheart (albeit a naughty and stubborn one ;). The pictures are up now but I'm sorry about their size. I have already resized them on photobuket, so I don't know why they're still huge! Will try to resize them again.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
He has such a sweet face. I could never deny him a Kettle Chip either. I love it when they sleep cute like that. The pictures I see are about 2 inches square...not huge at all.

I heard on the news that there are some new disturbances in Cairo. I hope you are all safe.

·
Gigi l'amoroso
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you :)

Yes, there sadly are some new disturbances and things seem to be escalating. We are all trying to stay positive and hope for the best right now. It's not so terrible that life is paralyzed or anything, people are still going to work and going out, but it's serious enough that, unless you want to protest at the square, it is advisable to go straight home after work/school. Some companies are even sending their employees home early.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
He really is adorable and sounds like a good fit for your family... I love the picture of him sleeping with his little paws curled...

for the hairdryer thing..perhaps have him join you in the bathroom whenever you dry your hair. feed him while you're drying, or toss him treats, etc., and act like everything is hunky-dory, no-big-deal, etc. I'm guessing he'll get the message...

·
Gigi l'amoroso
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, Penny's Mom for your positive thoughts. Our country needs them!

Ozzy'smom, your Ozzy is adorable and handsome as well :). Yes, it's their personalities that get us so attached to them.

Outwest, he really is a great fit for our family and we are really thankful for that. I see that your little Tucker is almost the same age as Gino :). I am loving that age! Gino was born 6/15, so only ten days earlier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts