Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charlie's x rays were not good he showed us what a spine should look like and Charlie's looked nothing like that is sort of crumbling and were the gaps should be inbetween the spine its closed up and has like a dome on the bottom she only has 3 that are not like that but they are heading that way as well.
He also said her hips were not good or her back legs but he was more worried about her back.

He had that look on his face i was worried what he was going to say he said its a wonder Charlie is walking :( but i said she is and she still plays with poor old Daisy and drags her to the ground.

Her blood pressure is still a bit high so she is now on 2 lots of tablets for her heart and blood and still on high dose of metacam and back to the vets next Friday.
But she has that Charlie grin back and she is wagging her tail again :D

Please keep good thoughts for my Charlie girl i just love that naughty Charlie girl :D

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Charlie

So sorry to hear that Charlie's xrays were not good, but glad she still has that Charlie grin and is wagging her tail!
She and you will be in my prayers-what a beauty she is!

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Karen you can see she is not quite 100% as she did not try and get to the cats in the vets :D but she is happy and i will do anything i can to help her enjoy life.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
My prayers are with you too. Hopefully her medictions will help her not be in pain. She is so pretty and I hope the tail keeps wagging and the smile stays plastered on her wonderful face.

Reactions: Karen519

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Sending healing thoughts to Naughty Charlie. I hope to hear about her naughty exploits for years to come.

I still laugh when I think about you all going to some event and they kept calling for the owners of the golden to come and collect her from the food table. :)

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Many prayers and good thoughts for your girl - I hope she gets to feeling sooooo good again you have trouble keeping her out of trouble.:D

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
Maggie, you and Ray are the best parents always doing special things with your pups.
I think that is why Charlie Girl has energy to drag Daisy around.
I will keep your sweet Charlie in my prayers.
HUGS to all of you! June

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I"m sorry to hear that. Many good wishes and healing thoughts for Charlie. Is acupuncture an option for you? It has done wonders for my Toby.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sending healing thoughts to Naughty Charlie. I hope to hear about her naughty exploits for years to come.

I still laugh when I think about you all going to some event and they kept calling for the owners of the golden to come and collect her from the food table. :)
That also still makes me smile and cringe but thats my Charlie girl

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I"m sorry to hear that. Many good wishes and healing thoughts for Charlie. Is acupuncture an option for you? It has done wonders for my Toby.
Charlie was having acupunture but the vet that was doing let so trying to find another vet to do that.

But she is still howling for her dinner so i know she is ok Charlie loves food and the day she stops howling for food is the day i will really worry.
But because of her back she is on a diet :(

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
C's mom this is another one that makes me laugh she wonder what the boy was looking at in the stream so she went to look as well and don't know why the photo came up this small (must be something to do with naughty Charlie ) LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
I'm so sorry the news about the x-rays is not good. Pain management is so important to quality of life, whether for humans or dogs. I hope she responds well and without further complications.

Holding your Naughty Charlie in my thoughts and prayers,
Lucy

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sorry to hear about the x-rays. I'm sending prayers and good thoughts for Naughty Charlie (and you).

Apart from the way she walks when she is out you would never know she had such a bad back.
But i am sure upping the dose of metacam is helping her and her heart and blood pressure tablets and joint tablets.

As she is so naughty indoors this morning she barked to go out then barked to come in and now she is barking to go out again she wants Daisy to go out in the garden with her but Daisy does not want to go as she knows Charlie will want to play fight with her.
If i win the lottery i am going to hire a doorman for Charlie.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
C's mom this is another one that makes me laugh she wonder what the boy was looking at in the stream so she went to look as well and don't know why the photo came up this small (must be something to do with naughty Charlie ) LOL
That is too cute!
Charlie is such a helpful girl. It might have been something tasty that the little boy was looking at for sure.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I am sorry that the news wasnt better. Please give that girl a big hug and kiss from me. She has such an amazing spirit and joy in her attitude of life wish we could all be like that. I know that yall will do everything you can for her.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I am so sorry for the bad news. Charlie must have a very high pain threshold!
Glad the meds are helping and she is enjoying life!

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am so sorry for the bad news. Charlie must have a very high pain threshold!
Glad the meds are helping and she is enjoying life!
Charlie has a high pain threshold that why i was so worried when she had that bad fall at the rescue show and did groan in pain i didn't see it but i was told she was winded as well and didn't get up for a while

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
For someone like me, new to this forum, those little things you guys just mentioned resolve the puzzle why is Charlie known as Naughty Charlie.
Sending healing thoughts and prayers for your sweet girl.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts