Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I e-mailed the vet clinic in British Columbia where Angel was treated for her injuries she sustained in the cougar attack....here is the response I received from her vet:

Angel is doing very well. she had surgery yesterday to treat the numerous puncture wounds and lacerations sustained in the altercation with the cougar. Her most serious wound was a puncture right through the skull bone over the frontal sinus over her right eye. the cat's fang had broken though the first layer of bone and fractured a fragment an inch square loose from the top of her skull. we were able to wire it back in place and rebuild the damaged area . If the fang had penetrated a half inch further back, it would have been the end. We are expecting a good recovery. Her eye is fine but the surrounding periocular tissue is very swollen , but coming down. there is a lot of bruising on the side of her face and neck. its too early to tell if there is any nerve damage to side of her face. if there is it should be just partial and not impede in any way.

Angel is a lovely dog, has an indomitable spirit and is recovering well from her ordeal. She has been out for several walks today and is already bouncing around like nothing happened. we expect to be able to discharge her in a few days.

The film crew from Global TV, Inside Edition and the local newspaper were here to film her today and she was jumping gleefully and licking camera lenses with delight! :)

Thank you again for your interest and support

Thanks for your kind words and your interest in Angel. You may forward any cards and letters to our office and we will see that her family gets them. you may mail to

"Angel" c/o Sardis Animal Hospital
7236 Vedder Rd
Chilliwack, British Columbia
Canada V2R 5K7

·
Super Moderator
4,424 Posts
Thanks so much for posting this. Angel is such a sweet brave girl! I am looking forward to seing the latest news footage.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
That was nice of you to email them to check on Angel's status. Also, thanks for including the snail mail address. I should sent a get well card to Angel. Hope the family is able to afford the vet bills.

·
Super Moderator
4,424 Posts
Just heard on Global BC news that the police officer and his wife just had a baby boy and they named him Austin after the boy Angel saved.

·
Susan
1,187 Posts
I'm happy to hear she is doing OK. It's nice that the vet was able to take time to reply to your email; I imagine it is crazy there right now. I look forward to hearing that she has been able to go home to be with her family.

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
What an amazing story...I live in cougar or mountain lion country and I've often wondered what would happen in the event we ran into one while out on one of our many excursions into the woods. I find myself more worried about the dog than myself.

And for that vet to take the time to write such a nice letter in return to your email is wonderful. Good people seem to attract good things and Angel certainly is one of those good things....atta girl Angel.

Pete

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Great end to a great story. So glad the vet took the time to reply. I would not doubt that any of our dogs would step up and do the same thing in that situation.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was also surprised, but happy, to receive such a detailed response from the vet.....thought maybe I would receive a "she's doing fine" response. That picture of Angel on TV all covered in blood broke my heart....I can't even imagine having one of my babies go through that. I would be an absolute basket case.......I can't stand it when one of my dogs limp!!! So glad that Angel is going to be fine....

·
Premium Member
18,458 Posts
Thank you for sharing that with us. She did an amazing thing, and bouncing back from her injuries is amazing as well.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
I couldn't watch the clip or read about this. When a 21 year old is impressed by the spirit of a dog, that makes a huge statement. My son was in awe of this Golden. I'm glad she is recovering and doing well.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Bear & Nugget send Angel a BIG ATTTTTAAAA GIRRRRRRLLL!!! So proud of her!!! Thanks for the update!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts