Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Wise Goodog
I train my dog on the Eastern Shore of MD. My coach is focused on mostly training young hot rods. For the past few months, she has had a very light Golden as part of her pack. She has taken him a long way and IMO with little effort, you could get a Junior Hunter title.
He will be turning 1 in mid-Oct and last week I asked her what his owners planned. The answer--they are breaking up and he is a victim of the events. She has kept him in her kennel because he is such a good dog. Its nearly unheard of to have an AKC reg dog with all of his clearances done being put up for adoption. However, people do some nasty things to otherwise great friends.

Short V--if you might have room for a down on his luck golden boy, I have the dog for you. The local golden rescue said they dont work with dog who have so much going for them. Hard cases only.

Coming to the Speciality?---he lives 45 mins away or I could bring him over.
Shoot me a PM. Id love to help this sweetie find a home.

Attachments

Registered
Poor guy. I imagine he will be able to find a good home here. If no one else can take him, I would but we don't hunt so hopefully someone who can keep him doing that will be able to get him.

Registered
Has your trainer asked the couple about their breeder? If he was responsibly bred, the breeder would probably want him back. Poor thing.

Registered
Bumping this back up. Someone must have a good home for him

Reactions: goodog

Ingrid, Now Mom to Brisby
If there is no immediate response I would suggest you contact GR Rescue in Ontario.
Golden Rescue :: Home

People here wait 2 - 3 ++ years to be able to qualify and get a dog. There are a plethora of lakes and people that hunt here and hunting season is coming up. I am sure that they would be willing to transport this special dog and find it a perfect fit as a home.

I will send them a link for this special pup.

Super Moderator Leader
Do you know who his breeder was and if they have been contacted? There should be a contract requiring him to be returned to them.

You could be in a legal mess if you rehome him or release him to one of the GR Rescues in your area without checking with the breeder first especially if there's a contract.

Registered
Has anyone here heard from the OP?
I sent a PM because I know of someone who could give him a fab home, but he never emailed me.
Just wondering.

Registered
Has anyone here heard from the OP?
I sent a PM because I know of someone who could give him a fab home, but he never emailed me.
Just wondering.
Goodog can be hard to reach. Plus they might be at National by now. I do have a personal email address. If you send the message to me I will forward it.

Wise Goodog
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has your trainer asked the couple about their breeder? If he was responsibly bred, the breeder would probably want him back. Poor thing.
Breeder is in Europe. Mostly scottish ancestry until Mom was purchased by a breeder in another part of Europe. Hence why the problem.

Kay is a smart lady and Goose has been living with her a bird person with her golden, ******. He's been living in her home since the problem became a problem.
He is OK and Id adopt him in a heartbeat if we were not already full at the inn.
Will work it out. Hope all is good with you two!

Reactions: Sweet Girl

Wise Goodog
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes--European breeders. Mostly scottish ancestry. A polish breeder owns Mom. International contracts like it are nearly impossible to enforce. Plus he speaks english and knowns only America.

Wise Goodog
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update==Goodog is on the case. Thanks Jane too. I need to check on 1 matter but will get back to all interested parties. Thanks for your interest. I live 2 hours from the Speciality and know time is short right now. Ride to Timbucktu could be swung. Will get back in the next 24 hours

Reactions: fourlakes
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.