Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
lizandhector
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 7th month old Zoey now sleeps in our room. She has a bed on the floor next to our bed where she normally sleeps. On most nights she will start out there, but then somewhere in the middle of the night, she will come up in bed with us. Inevitably she will wind up on my pillow around my head! She is getting so big and clearly this isn't the most comfortable sleep....(for me that is) Does anyone else's golden do this?? Or where does your golden sleep that is unusual? :)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Well Murphy usually sleeps with us at night, but I've noticed the last few days for no good reason at all, he walks all the way to the other end of the house to lay on the rug by the front door. We rarely use that door and it's kinda offset to the rest of the house and I actually had to go looking for him the other day, lol.

·
Sandy's mom too!
89 Posts
Our 7 month old Karly sleeps in our room. She has a bed next to ours and bounces back and forth between that and the rest of the carpeted floor during the night. Our lab Sandy sleeps in bed with us but Karly doesn't stay up there very long, just when we first go to bed. Our golden Jake who passed away last summer always had to be wrapped around my head or my husbands head. He was 105 lbs but I just used him as a big pillow!! We really miss him at night, he was such a great snuggler!

·
Registered
30 Posts
My two sleep in my room, but must have dirty clothes to sleep on. They feel cheated on laundry days. Sometimes when I'm sorting clothes and have a big, tall pile, I will find Hayley right on top like she's the queen of the clothes.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
both like to sleep on the bed with us - on us.

They like to sleep under the table - but only when it has a table cloth on it.
Noah likes to kick all the pillows off the couch and sleep on that. Nothing odd.

·
Dad to Riley and Sam
256 Posts
We have the same setup. Riley s bed is down below me on the floor. He starts out there, but eventually winds up on the foot of the bed, and then works his way up next to me or the Missus and on occasion will squeeze himself between the wall and our heads on the pillows.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Josie loves to nap on the hardwood floor, in front of the entrance to the hallway. No control issues going on there, huh?:doh:

·
lizandhector
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[QUOTE Our golden Jake who passed away last summer always had to be wrapped around my head or my husbands head. He was 105 lbs but I just used him as a big pillow!! We really miss him at night, he was such a great snuggler![/QUOTE]

That sounds like our Zoey!! Guess they just want to be close and cuddle ;)

Thanks all for sharing the places your golden sleep. It's kind of fun to hear what others do!

·
Lost in Fur Land
168 Posts
After i get up in the mornings Cooper will get under the covers on my side of the bed and lay his head on my pillow and go back to sleep after his breakfast lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hazel has a large, comfy dog bed in our living room as well as one in her crate. However, she chooses to curl up on the hard, cold, raised stone hearth in front of our fireplace. It's about a foot off the floor; she will climb up and stand there, waiting for us to admire her and then flop down and fall asleep (obviously, when there isn't a fire).

·
Registered
154 Posts
We begin with Tucker on our bed but he always jumps down and goes into his crate (I leave the door open). I think he gets too warm on the bed with us (or he just like the comfort of his crate - which pleases me).

Maybe put the crate in your bedroom and leave the door open. That's what we do and he sleeps there all night.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Our 7th month old Zoey now sleeps in our room. She has a bed on the floor next to our bed where she normally sleeps. On most nights she will start out there, but then somewhere in the middle of the night, she will come up in bed with us. Inevitably she will wind up on my pillow around my head! She is getting so big and clearly this isn't the most comfortable sleep....(for me that is) Does anyone else's golden do this?? Or where does your golden sleep that is unusual? :)
I've got one that does this too... Sam will almost always want to sleep on my pillow. He'll curl his body around my head... I've gotten used to sleeping this way and it doesn't bother me anymore LOL

·
lizandhector
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've got one that does this too... Sam will almost always want to sleep on my pillow. He'll curl his body around my head... I've gotten used to sleeping this way and it doesn't bother me anymore LOL

Yes, I am getting used to this new sleeping arrangement. I love that she wants to be close and she is such a good cuddle bug! :) She never seems to go to my husbands head though... only mine! lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts