Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Amber's Owner
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amber has had unusual bad breath for two weeks now. Initially I Thought she may have eaten poo or something but this not going away. She's never had this problem before.

She looks ok although a little overweight since I changed her dry food a few months back (39kgs) and I think her eyes are a little redder than usual too.

She is eating and pooing well... And she sleeps a lot but that is just my baby, she likes her rest/sleep.

Should I take her to the vet this week? What can I do about the bad breath as it is not a common thing.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
absolutely take her to the vet! She might have a gum infection or an abcessed tooth!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I agree. Hopefully it is a minor issue. Since you changed her food, maybe it is something in the food causing the bad breath.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
How old is Amber? Is the breath really, really bad or just bad? Tucker developed really, really bad breath which I thought was from gum infection, turns out it was from kidney issues. I would take her to the vet for sure. Now whenever one of my older dogs get bad breath, I take them in for bloodwork, maybe I over react, but that is just me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts