Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Puddles
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to contact the webmaster but no response. I have PM CM and her suggestion was to use the classic view.

You cannot view the forum via the "todays post". It sends you to a vbulletin page unless you log in. Unless I'm the only one having this issue it means that anyone wanting to monitor the GRF to decide if they want to join... well they won't be able to see anything but the popular subject list. Not a great way to get new members.

Of course if I log in and try to respond to a thread it logs me out in the background and causes my response to disappear. So if I want to post I must log back in a 2nd time. Honestly if everyone is having even one of these issues, I'm amazed anyone post anything at all.

There is also the issue of being able to see the last post/entry on a thread. You can see the name date and time of the last post made to a thread but when you launch the thread, the last entry is not viewable, unless you log in.

So has the code been re-written to only function if are a member and sign in first?

As far as using the classic view. I do admit it is usually the most dependable but it will not stay on "classic" view. It jumps back and forth between classic and full. So to be able to view a current list you must select the classic view, ask for the today/new post, ignore the vbulletin page and again go to the dropdown and choose the classic view. All of this just to see what's new. Sorry but it's not worth this much trouble.

·
Administrator
1,068 Posts
All these issues sound like they could be explained by the server giving you an incomplete cache. Certainty the inability to view the most recent posts when not signed, as that part is done on purpose. It's a huge saving on server power to supply a cached version of the site to guests rather then sending a live feed to everyone who visits. Once you sign in, the live version becomes available to you.

Still, the "Todays Posts" part sounds like that cache is malfunctioning. I've cleaned it on my end. I'd suggest clearing cache on your browser end as well and let me know if anything improves or not

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts