Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought that those of you with mischevious goldens would enjoy this.

I let Charlie outside this morning for his usual potty time. I went back in the house to enjoy my coffee. From the kitchen table I could see Charlie starting to jump at the door. Before I had a chance to get him he managed to grab the door lever with his paws, pushed, and lo and behold the door opened and in he galloped. He was quite proud of himself and ever since then has been letting himself in. I've had to start locking the door since he needs his paws WIPED before he runs inside, lol!! He is a great puppy to have around...tons of energy and love!! Charlie and the twins are quite the threesome to watch...lots of running and playing in this house!

I've attached a recent picture. He sure is growing quickly :)

Attachments

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
LOL I think it's cute how excited they are when they "discover" something like that! When Mojo was that age he learned how to open the fridge. He helped himself to our ham. LOL!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Charlie is adorable! How old is he?

One night a couple of years ago I was in the backyard in my pajamas. Annabel was in the house, and when she jumped up to look out the window, her paw hit the deadbolt. Since I couldn't get back in through the back door, I had to climb the wooden fence to walk around front. Then I found out I had already locked the front door. So I had to go to my new neighbors house, in my pajamas, to ask to borrow the phone because my dog locked me out.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
LOL you have a Houdini on your hands. Luckily, he is letting himself in rather than out. They sure do learn quick.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I remember one day when we came home and put the garage up. Bama learned to open the door going into the garage. And met us as we got out of the car. Then the other 2 dogs came running out. Had to change the door handle then.
It was funny.
At least your guy came in and not out.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
LOL, Buzz does that too!! I went into the kitchen this evening and I could feel cold air. He let himself out again! And he can open the walk through gates if I don't use the pressure slide. When they learn something they don't forget it! He's taugh Clover how to open the gates too!

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
lol Molson was quick to figure that out, too! We have lever-style handles on our backdoor too and I have to be sure to lock it after I let him out or else I get muddy paw prints going through our house!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great looking little guy you have there...and smart too! Wonder how long it will take him to figure out how to use a key? :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts