Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tyson is on his third day home and is fitting in very well! He is doing a great job with potty training and sleeping for several hours in a row at night. It seems like he doesn't poop nearly as much as Tucker did at that age, but I guess that's a good thing! He did poop a tiny bit in his crate last night, but I'm sure that will get better in time. I forgot how challenging working from home with a little puppy is! It's twice as hard with two Goldens! He and Tucker and quickly becoming best friends. We're planning on starting basic obedience classes within the next couple of weeks and then both of our boys are going to be getting into agility. We're also going to be going to a DockDogs boot camp next month and Ty will get a chance to swim for the first time, which we're super excited about! He'll be exactly old enough to compete in June. (All dogs have to be at least 6 months old to compete at events.) He had a bath last night and we let him splash around in the tub for a little while, which he really seemed to enjoy!

This leash is yummy...

I hate this collar!

Look! Leaves!

His favorite kitty

·
Chloe and Cedar's Mom
718 Posts
Wow.. look at that adorable face... Makes me want another.. lol but then they grow up..

·
Kristy
10,429 Posts
:wavey: Oh, Tyson.... You're so cute!!! I love the photo of him with the kitty cat! So glad to hear he's fitting in... I feel your pain in the 'can't get anything done' routine. Duncan is 9 weeks today and it seems like he's not going potty quite as often and so we go outside and he's eating leaves and mulch while I follow him around trying to keep him from chewing on his leash and wishing for spring. I have a dishwasher that needs emptying, laundry that needs switched and nothing planned for dinner... guess I ought to quit checking in here and get moving. Luckily he's really, really sweet and we're having fun... :)

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:wavey: Oh, Tyson.... You're so cute!!! I love the photo of him with the kitty cat! So glad to hear he's fitting in... I feel your pain in the 'can't get anything done' routine. Duncan is 9 weeks today and it seems like he's not going potty quite as often and so we go outside and he's eating leaves and mulch while I follow him around trying to keep him from chewing on his leash and wishing for spring. I have a dishwasher that needs emptying, laundry that needs switched and nothing planned for dinner... guess I ought to quit checking in here and get moving. Luckily he's really, really sweet and we're having fun... :)
The first 2 days were the most hectic since everyone was getting settled in and adjusted, but today seems a lot more relaxed. DH goes back to work tonight after having the weekend off, so it will just be me on puppy duty and doing the late night potty runs. It should be interesting! :bowl:

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
He's so adorable! Keep taking/posting pics!! I need to get my puppy fix from all of you so I don't get any crazy ideas in my head about getting another puppy LOL

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
What a doll!

OK, we really need to start a "Warning: Cute Puppy Pics" section on this forum!

·
Ripley & Levi's too!!
720 Posts
OMg - he is so georgous!!! can't wait to watch him grow and hear all about the dockdiving. I just love watching that on tv. best of luck

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Tyson is doing great! He looks like he is having a blast exploring his big new world. Keep taking pictures every single day you will not regret it.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tucker and Tyson are definitely becoming best friends. They have been playing games of tug with their rope toy and a stuffie. I feel like Tucker is even a good baby sitter and I feel almost 100% confident leaving Tyson alone with Tucker while I work and do things around the house. Tucker keeps Tyson so busy playing with him, so I know that Ty won't be getting into anything that he shouldn't since he's totally focused on Tucker!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Omg Tyson is such an adorable boy, I love the shot with him, and the kitty, that gray kitty looks exactly like my Gracie! :)

·
Mom to Fyodor & Gibson
1,303 Posts
Wow, look at that fluffy coat and big head and muzzle! He's so handsome! Gibby is jealous of Tucker for having a new little brother (well, nephew :)) to play with. We need more pictures of the two of them, please!!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We need more pictures of the two of them, please!!
Definitely working on it! It's so hard to get a decent picture of the two of them because they're constantly in motion! We do have a few videos of them playing that I still have to upload!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A few more :bowl:

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Cuteness overload. Tyson is just the cutest little guy and I love all the pictures. It is great that him and Tucker have become the best of buddies so fast. Cant wait to watch this little guy grow up.

·
Mom to Fyodor & Gibson
1,303 Posts
OMG, I can't stop checking this thread for updates. LOL. Love the new pics of Tucker and Tyson! Since Gibby's the same age (like 3-4 days younger) than Tucker and we're also hoping to add a new puppy in the next few months, I was curious to find out how Tucker is doing with little Tyson. :) Obviously, he's being an awesome older brother! Keep the pics coming! Can't wait to see the videos, too!

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Awwww, I'm so glad to hear that Tucker is being such a great big brother!!! Must be amazing to see!

I love Tyson's pensive look...he is going to be a smart boy, I can tell!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts