Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering what a typical day (if there is such a thing) looks like for other Golden owners.....

As I've mentioned before, I am suffering from a mild case of "Purebred Paranoia!" :)

This is our first non-rescue dog, our first puppy, (she's 10 months old now) and the first animal that cost more than the price of my first THREE cars combined! Consequently, I am a bit (or more than a bit, according to my husband) obsessed with doing everything JUST RIGHT with Joy.

Today as I was making lunch, with Joy curled up at my feet, I started to obsess about whether I should have been playing with her instead of making lunch - talk about going a bit over the edge!

Remind me that napping is a big part of a dog's life!!!! When Joy naps, I always think, "Oh no, she's BORED!" We only took a walk and went to the dog park and played tug and did training today.... she must be BORED!"

Thank you from an over-the-top worry wart!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Mine sleep until I get up.
Then go outside and potty and sniff for the critters that visited the yard overnight
Come inside and wait for breakfast after the cats are fed
Then eat and lay around digesting their breakfast for 1 hour
Outside to play ball for as long as Mom will let them. Usually about 30 minutes running and running to out do each other for getting the ball
Then inside to rest and watch Mom surf GRF and Facebook
Back outside to play more ball and play chase
Back inside to nap
Bug Mom again for another ball playing game
Come inside and wait for dinner
Eat dinner and chase cats
Take a walk with Mom or Dad
Lay around until bed time playing with toys and other furkids
Go to sleep and then wake up and do it all over again

·
New Mommy
6,139 Posts
It sounds like a wonderful life to me! I am sure Joy is happy just being with her Mommy. Stop worrying !!

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Mine sleep until I get up.
Then go outside and potty and sniff for the critters that visited the yard overnight
Come inside and wait for breakfast after the cats are fed
Then eat and lay around digesting their breakfast for 1 hour
Outside to play ball for as long as Mom will let them. Usually about 30 minutes running and running to out do each other for getting the ball
Then inside to rest and watch Mom surf GRF and Facebook
Back outside to play more ball and play chase
Back inside to nap
Bug Mom again for another ball playing game
Come inside and wait for dinner
Eat dinner and chase cats
Take a walk with Mom or Dad
Lay around until bed time playing with toys and other furkids
Go to sleep and then wake up and do it all over again
LOL, Carol that's about how my day goes, exept I don't have the cats to chase..LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts