Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Tyler Meets the Dallas Mayor

773 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  beargroomer 
#1 · (Edited)
GRRNT (Golden Retriever Rescue of North Texas) was invited to be in the Dallas New Years Day Parade in 2009. It's sponsored by CoMerica Bank and the Goldens were a huge hit in this year's parade.

CoMerica Bank has invited the GRRNT Goldens to participate in the parade again next year and requested some of our dogs be present at their press conference earlier this month. These pics are from the press conference.

Turns out Dallas Mayor Leppert and the CEO of Comerica Bank are both big dog lovers. Nice to know that even if one has different political views, there is at least one strong bond we share - our dogs. Both gentlemen spent a lot of time loving on the Goldens before,during, and after the press conference.

# 1. Tyler and Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert
(shortly after this photo Tyler planted a big kiss on the Mayor!)
#2. About 1/2 of the Goldens lined up for this great picture. Denali far right,Tyler is 2nd from right, and I can't remember the names of all the others.
#3. Tyler and Denali. Denali is the first GRRNT dog Tyler met. He's a sweetheart.

All photos were taken by John and Anne Visser - always doing a great job capturing GRRNT events.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
Hey Betty!

Handsome, Thanks... but he sure ain't grown up yet!!!
He's still a wild and crazy guy, but he sure is a lot of fun.

I always felt he would be a STAR, just didn't know it would happen in the World of Politics! Ha-Ha

Like olik said, maybe Obama and his Portuguese Water Dog will be next on his campaign trail! :D

#5 ·
Well, there's a politician with good taste :)
Great pictures. I love seeing a bunch of goldens together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.