Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Coley - my cuddle bug
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a friend (she's also our payroll clerk) who has a yellow lab with a RAGING staff infection on his neck around to both of his shoulders.

Question 1 How anal does she need to be in her own home regarding spreading this to her kids (is that possible) and back to Drake again. How long does it live on say the couch?

Question 2 What about Duke during his chemo? Do we need to worry about her shoes and clothes? We already asked her to sanitize her hands.

*sigh* isn't it always something?

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
From what our vet told me, it is not communicable between puppers and humans. That being said, I would use common sense hygiene between her and Duke ( Purell is your friend). Also, the staph pupper is on antibiotics, right?? In addition to that, the micro-tek shampoo by eqyss can REALLY help. I swear it helped save Cody's life when his skin was so ravaged by staph. It's all I use with all this puppers now.

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
I second Betty, it is not communicable to my knowledge. It is a bacterial infection of the skin.

Eqyss certainly helps, but antibiotics will kick it right out. They should find out what the source of the infection is for the poor labbie. Staph is usually most prevalent on the stomach.

Allergies?

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I found this, I dont know how helpful it will be.
http://www.sniksnak.com/doghealth/staph.html

From what I read it would be very hard for people to catch staph infections from the dog. But I would keep using the hand sanitizer to be on the safe side.

·
Coley - my cuddle bug
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, all. I'll forward the info to her and I'm making her take her shoes off before entering the office and giving her socks. And, we do have hand sanitizer and lysol. I just don't think we can be too careful with Duke, either. Thank you, Carol! So, Duke is safe. That's very good to know and she'll be happy to know that she can wear her own shoes and socks in the office lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts