Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't want to break the rules! But a puppy person of mine who works at a vet clinic asked me yesterday if I knew good homes for two 9 mo old boys- they had distemper as young puppies, and the 'breeder' signed them over to the clinic so they were treated. Time to place them.
I don't want to put her FB contact/email on here and have her inundated, but do want to help her if there are folks anyone knows of in the SC area that would like an older puppy.
I can PM that to anyone .

More info: the entire litter got distemper. The breeder surrendered the litter to the vet, so that they would be treated. Three of them lived. Two of them have been with the office mgr since that time, raised w two small children in a loving home. They have been totally vetted, even have had hip look-sees done (kinda iffy) and the fosterer has cancer and they are offered to great home at no cost.

·
Puddles
3,684 Posts
Many decades ago, one of my 1st rescues was a beautiful Irish setter that was part of a litter brought into the clinic where I worked... with distemper. The breeder also signed over the entire litter. We lost a couple but one of those pups came home with me.
Other than some tooth discoloration, he was never sick again. He was a wonderful and beautiful dog.
So don't let the "distemper" as a pup scare you off. This could a really good opportunity for someone :)

I'm sorry for the cancer issue for the generous person that took them in.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,281 Posts
If the foster needs any help placing these boys, she can contact the nearest GR Rescue in SC. Many offer Courtesy Referral listings on their websites, they are not part of the GR Rescue's Adoption program. Anyone interested will contact the person who has them directly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts