Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There: I just wanted to take a minute to say hi and introduce myself. I'm a looong time lover of the golden retriever breed. I was very fortunate to get to be owned by my first golden (Duchy) five years ago. She passed away this past May at the age of 7 years. I was devastated. After losing Duchy, my family and I made a decision that we would never get another dog unless it was a golden ... after doing a lot of research, I found Ash at Chantilly Goldens and she helped my dream to come true. Last Saturday we went and picked up Tux. She is beautiful and perfect in every way. She's amazing with every member of our family and we LOVE her. I look so forward to hearing all about these beautiful doggies on the forum and hopefully learning a lot too!

- Tracy

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum to you and your pup. You have happened upon a great golden oasis. I hope you become as addicted to this site as I am. You absolutely have to post some pictures so we get to know your pup. :D

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
Hello Tux and Tracy

Hello!
I've just joined very recently also. I live in Winnipeg so am just a hop, skip and a jump away (if you don't count Saskatchewan being in the way that is).

Is it as cold in Calgary as it's been in Winnipeg lately? Tonight it's -42 with the windchill, absolutely ridiculous.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and Tux:wave:

Christine

·
Chantilly Goldens
3,381 Posts
Hey Tracy,

So glad you decided to join. This is a great friendly and helpful place. I could not have asked for a better home for that girl. I am so thrilled with the outcome. ~~~~HUGS~~~~ Take care.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are freeeezing here too. We got a huge dump of snow and the roads are terrible, so it is hibernation time ... at least until it is time to take Tux for her walkies. She loves to play ball in this weather (crazy chick). I feel bad as I like to take her out for a good longish walk, but we don't want a golden pup sickle either .... I bet Calgary is significantly warmer than Winnipeg ... brrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Ash:

You have no idea how grateful we are to you for trusting us with Tux ... she is amazing!!!! I'm very glad you are happy too! Thanks for the information on the forum too (it's my first)! Hugs back at ya!!!!

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
Hey I just went on Chantilly's website and there is a dog on there named Tux. Is that your Tux or is your Tux a small puppy? Her dogs are beautiful.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is the same Tux! She was soooo beautifully cared for! Ash was kind enough to send me lots of pics just before we got Tux from her and I haven't figured out how to get the ones I took onto the computer yet, so I have taken one of the pics Ash sent me and used it on my signature so everyone can see the beautiful girl!!!

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
It is the same Tux! She was soooo beautifully cared for! Ash was kind enough to send me lots of pics just before we got Tux from her and I haven't figured out how to get the ones I took onto the computer yet, so I have taken one of the pics Ash sent me and used it on my signature so everyone can see the beautiful girl!!!

Well she is a very beautiful girl:). How old is she? I can't recall if the website mentioned her age. I've really been thinking hard about getting a 2nd golden and don't know if I want to re-do the whole puppy thing over again so a golden thats a few years old may be the route we take too.

·
3 goldens
11,675 Posts
Hello and wlecome from almost warm Texas coast. Well, cold to us, but would be warm to ya'll. Looking forward to pictures of uyour girl. you discovered what the rest o f u s--once you love a golden and are loved by one, you will alsoways want one around you. Sorry you lost your Duchy at such a young age and i hope Tux get to spend m any, many happy years with you.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tux is 16 months old. She's the perfect age for our family. We have a 6 month old baby girl and Tux is amazing with her (they are true pals). It is nice not to have to deal with a puppy and all of the major training required when you have a new baby in the house, but we'd have done it ... just to have a golden. Ash did an amazing job with Tux ... you can tell a lot of hard work went into this girl! I seriously couldn't have asked for a better girl. She is also very stealthy .... she can sneak onto my bed in the middle of the night and not be discovered for hours ..... let's see a pup do that ;)

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
Well it sounds like Tux has found the perfect home and your little girl will have a pal to grow up with. That's very funny about her sneaking up onto the bed - they do like to be by their people. Our girl hogs our bed every nite too but I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts