Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Handsome, five-year-old Tucker came to YGRR in the Fall of 2009 because his owner had been evicted from his apartment and there was nowhere for the dog to go. Tucker’s previous owner described him as an outgoing, loving and very affectionate dog with a lot of energy, so much so that if he was not securely on a leash he would go running off looking for attention and adventure.
When Tucker came into the program, he was neutered, given his tattoo, and had a mass on his chest removed and sent out for biopsy. Tucker’s mass was diagnosed as a low grade hemangiosarcoma. The pathology report stated that the growth may recur locally and exhibit local invasive growth, but that metastasis was considered unlikely. This meant that Tucker’s new family would need to watch the area very carefully and have any new growths removed promptly if they occurred. Since this was a pre-existing condition, YGRR would assume financial responsibility for the surgery if it became necessary in the future.
The perfect adopters were found for Tucker who could give him a loving home and be vigilant in watching for lumps and bumps! Tucker will not have to worry about moving again since his adopters couldn't have been happier to take him home.
Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1985. Rescue and Adoption services for Golden Retrievers from the six New England states. Address: P.O. Box 808, Hudson, MA 01749-0808 Hotline: 978-568-9700

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
I am so glad for him, I have a soft spot in my heart for dogs named Tucker!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Right on Tucker you handsome boy. Thanks to all involved in Tuckers care and to his new family.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
What a beautiful boy!!!!
So glad he found his forever home :)
A big thank you to Tucker's new family.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Way to go Tucker!!!! He is a handsome boy.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Tucker

Tucker

You are a hunk!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts