Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep that is right. I dropped him off to board him Saturday for an overnight at our training facility. During the day they paired him up to play with a cougar- an 11 year old, sugar faced female golden, named Fiona! :).

Evidently Fiona knows how she likes it, and put Tucker in his place a couple of times! I just wished I could have seen it in person. So glad a feisty senior gal reminded Tucker to mind his manners....

I would never have thought an 11 yr old female would have any interest in playing with a headstrong 3 yr old male.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Why the term cougar? Eleven-week old Amber plays with nine-year old Lucy all the time. Lucy has gotten much more active since we got the puppy. She does growl when Amber bites her tail or ears too hard. I was most concerned about eating, but they quickly learned which bowl belonged to them and they share the water bowl.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Why the term cougar? Eleven-week old Amber plays with nine-year old Lucy all the time. Lucy has gotten much more active since we got the puppy. She does growl when Amber bites her tail or ears too hard. I was most concerned about eating, but they quickly learned which bowl belonged to them and they share the water bowl.
Cougar refers to older women who only date much younger men.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
I thought this thread was going to be about hiking, mountains and confrontations on the trail. :doh:

I think every youngster needs a cougar to show him the ropes. Best thing for the young colts was to pasture them with the old mares!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was really glad Tucker had an older lady put him in his place. He is so full of himself sometimes. I have only seen one other dog make Tucker slink back all submissive and apologize for his behavior, and that dog is his bestest friend Lexy. They have been friends since they were puppies. I would have thought that since there was not a long history of a relationship between Tucker and Fiona, he would be less likely to concede. Glad to see that is not the case! Sorry this wasn't a hiking thread Penny's Mom!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts