Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its been brutally cold here in MT (-6 right now)... so we thought it would be kind to leave the doggy door open while we were at work tonight so the dogs could get in if they needed to warm up and get water. We come home 6 hours later and find that (most likely) Tucker ate two golf-ball sized glass ornaments off of the tree... not to mention the magazine, stick of butter and bag of arbol chilies.

To say the least, I am quite concerned about the glass. Iv read of the "cotton ball remedy" which basically means you feed your pet saturated cotton balls that ultimately catch any shards or sharp objects consumed. I am seconds away from trying this but for some reason am not 100% sure its the greatest idea...

Has anyone had experience with their dog eating glass or other sharp objects? And recommendations would be great! He seems to be just fine and quite proud of his mess... I am quite paranoid.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I would definitely crate him when there is no one around to keep an eye on him. It would be in his best interest to keep him safe. Ingesting those glass ornaments can be extremely dangerous. He should be kept in his crate to prevent any accidents and large vet bills.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree 100%... I do have plans to pick up his new crate on Thursday. I think Ill be calling his vet in the am.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I would call the vet and have an xray done on him. Especially since it is sharp objects. Until then feed him some bread, that will bind to the sharp objects. Good luck and let us know what happens to him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts