Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was Tucker's family reunion...He and his siblings turned 5 months on Saturday. We met up with his mom, uncle, dad, and two of the sibs (one couldn't come). They had a great time. Tucker was the best behaved and best looking (she says with complete objectivity!). We went to a small enclosed beach near San Francisco. The dogs just went bonkers. The siblings are Larry and Maizie. Larry looks most like his dad, Max, and Maizie and Tucker are more like their mom, Daisy.

We brought along our little spaniel, Tess, and she had a great time too. She even flat out ran down the beach a couple times--unusual for our little old lady.

Tucker clearly recognized his first human mom and his canine mom. The latter wanted nothing to do with her puppies (begone! she said with a small snarl!). But T-man kept snuggling up to Sonya who had done most of the human caring for the litter. (She told my daughter when we went to get him that Tucker was her favorite...)
1st picture: Maizie in back, Tucker in front, Larry to right
2nd: Grunter (uncle) + Daisy with stick, Tucker (left), Maizie, Larry following
3rd: family portrait: from left, Maizie, Tucker, Max (dad), Daisy, Larry
4th: The ride home from the beach...!
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
981 Posts
Great pictures! Looks like everyone had a blast! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
639 Posts
That looks incredible! I would love to do that with Ozzy's family! Great pics (and Tucker is very handsome!)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That was great to get together with the canine family. He is the best looking of the group I agree.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to say the whole event really was fun and cheered us both up immensely. I think all the puppy owners were checking out the others to compare them. I had been worried that Tucker would be huge, but I'm not really worried anymore. I think he'll be a big strong male dog but not overly large.

It was also interesting to compare different "puppy parenting" styles. The other male puppy was getting a lot more food than Tucker and weighed 10 lbs. more, but they seem to be about the same height! I am trying to keep T-man on the lean side because research has shown that dogs that are lean their whole lives have less disease and live longer. Maizie the female was "miss social" and Larry was obsessed with sticks and chasing them into the water. My little guy is pretty social and loving but overall rather mellow in comparison.

The truth is we all adore our puppies and each think ours is the best! :--big_grin::--heart:

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
I think this was a once in a lifetime event and so great that you could get the litter together as this is very rare. The pictures are great and the dogs are all so good looking and were having such a ball. I must agree that Tucker-roo is the most handsome in the bunch and obviously the best behaved.

Glad Tess got to go and have some fun, they both look so tired in the last picture.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm glad to hear you had a great time! You are right, Tucker is the best one in the bunch IMHO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts