Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took T-man into Home Depot last night after letting him run wild at the dog park. He's walking well on the prong collar and I thought he'd do well to see a new place. He was absolutely fascinated at the smells, sounds, and people. I kept treats in my hand as a lure so he'd stay at least partially focused on me. He did great! And he was so popular with all the staff who work there. Now that my back is feeling better and I can manage him better on the leash, I want to go to more places with him.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Great place to go and who wouldn't love to see a golden in the store? Good that your back is better and hope to hear of lots more of Tuckers new adventures.

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
So animals are allowed in Home Depot? I have seen someone say something about giong to Home Depot before but I didn't know they were actually allowed...?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
So animals are allowed in Home Depot? I have seen someone say something about giong to Home Depot before but I didn't know they were actually allowed...?
I think in certain parts of the country. I've had friends in other states say that they always bring their dog to Home Depot, but the ones near me only allow service animals. Too bad, since I go there a lot!

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
I take my yorkies in but I always carry them though.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My local Home Depot doesn't allow dogs, but the Lowes does. In fact, Dexter & I were in our Lowes on Saturday.

Most hardware stores will allow dogs in, even if they don't technically have an open-door policy for dogs, because a lot of contractors have dogs that are with them all day.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I think in certain parts of the country. I've had friends in other states say that they always bring their dog to Home Depot, but the ones near me only allow service animals. Too bad, since I go there a lot!
That's the policy here-- they even have it posted on the door. The policy changed here when a shopper's dog bit someone. :( Too bad. Our Beau loved going to Home Depot with us. Toby and Barkley enjoyed it as well until the change happened. We found it was hard to shop because so many people approached us to pet them. Even despite the policy shift, I've seen people in the store with the small yappers in their shopping carts so it isn't strictly enforced if you can safely hide them.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
You never know till you ask. You just might be surprised where you can take your dog. I took Fiona into the bank with me last week, she was a hit with the tellers and all the customers. :)

I never figured a dog would be allowed in a bank. Wish I had the forethought to bring a camera with me.

It was kinda like being at the vets, her paws up on the counter getting cookies, it was cute.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Jordan loves going to HD, I take her all the time. She still wants to ride in the cart (yeah, it's pretty funny). I think she got used to it when she was little.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
You never know till you ask. You just might be surprised where you can take your dog. I took Fiona into the bank with me last week, she was a hit with the tellers and all the customers. :)

I never figured a dog would be allowed in a bank. Wish I had the forethought to bring a camera with me.

It was kinda like being at the vets, her paws up on the counter getting cookies, it was cute.
I remember once when I was walking our Beau, I had a check to deposit and walked into the drive through lane, because I thought they wouldn't allow dogs in the lobby. The teller came on the speaker and told me they couldn't take me as a pedestrian in the drive through lane and to go ahead and bring the dog inside with me. We did and they showered him with doggie treats, just like they did when he went in the car with me. A few years later hubby and I were walking Toby and I went inside the lobby while he waited in the inside where they had the ATM machine and night deposit. They asked them to come in as well and said dogs were welcome any time--and this is one of those cold big national mega-banks!

Beau was invited inside Blockbuster as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts