Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Davina
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sharlette insists on eating the thorns from the back yard... we have what are called sand spurs... they are balls of real sharp thorns. they are no fun to get stuck in your feet... I hate them. Sharlette tries to snack on them like they are some sort of rare delicacy..... I am CONSTANTLY pulling them out of the roof of her mouth or off her tongue because she got it stuck there and is freaking out in pain. I don't even know how to get her to stop this.... what a silly dog. LOL here is a picture of her trying to snack on some... you can see some still on the plant up at the top of her head.

The last picture is just because I thought she was so cute in it LOL heheheh

Attachments

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,624 Posts
No idea how to stop her other than to keep her away from them... she is a cutie!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Oh, yuck! Have you tried spraying the plants with something very bitter or peppery? Perhaps that plus the discomfort will discourage her.

On the other hand, why does my Nugget chew rocks?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Oh, yuck! Have you tried spraying the plants with something very bitter or peppery? Perhaps that plus the discomfort will discourage her.
It's their nature to chew anything in site usually. I would suggest the same as stated above and behavioral training could greatly help solve this dilemma. Limit her to a certain area away from those thorns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts