Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone - As many of you know I lost my GR on Oct. 4th I am now ready to adopt another one and I found a gorgeous girl named Samantha on petfinders she is located at Care in Columbus , Indiana which is couple hours from me I submitted an application how long does a reply take ??? Getting impatient :) Is anyone close to columbus

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Is it a private transaction or a rescue....?
Unless the rescue has a proven, public, track record, becareful that you're not inadvertantly supporting a mill.... There are mills that have people that place dogs on places like petfinder....call them rescued dogs...then collect the money...

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
try not to be disappointed if they tell you they can't help you. many rescues have policies in place that require a home visit and they just don't have the resources to send someone 3 hours away to conduct the visit.

to answer the actual question - most rescues are staffed 100% by volunteers. so, don't get too anxious if you don't hear from them immediately. the usual turn around time is a day or two. if you are going in to a weekend, expect it to be longer.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Hi, Chance

Hi, Chance

So very glad to hear you submitted an application on Samantha.

I would say the response time varies from rescue to rescue.

I remember I was a real nag when we adopted our Smooch from Golden Ret. Rescue. I would also put in a call to them and send an email to inquire!!

There are Golden Ret. Members here that live in Indiana. I don't know if any live close to Columbus, Indiana.
I have a friend Joanne who lives in Indy,about 48 mins from CARE.

Please keep us posted!!!

HERE IS SAMANTHA:
http://care.rescuegroups.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=1959542

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I've never gotten one from a rescue, but I understand it can take a while.
Good luck!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
It depends on the rescue and the number of volunteers they have working. Maybe you can contact them to see when and what adoption events Samantha will be at. She is gorgeous. Toward the end of page on samantha it shows where she might be.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
WOW, she sure is beautiful!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts