Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it the most innocent things can lead to disaster?

Last night Kirby decided that she needed to caring her large pink stuffed bunny upstairs. Darby was sound asleep right at the foot of the staircase and of course Kirby decided to caring the bunny back down and Kirby being Kirby.... had to come down the stairs and light speed....:uhoh:

She couldn't see around the bunny and came barreling down totaling out of control. Darby heard her coming and tried to get out of her way.... well she made it, I can't believe she made it with out tripping down the stairs. I hate it when you seeing the disaster about to happen but can't move fast enough. Well managed to make it down and missed crashing into Darby, because he quickly scrambled out of the way. So I relaxed and said "are you ok"? She sashayed by me with a smirk on her face (yeah, she smirks) then Darby came limping over. :doh:

Not just limping but severely limping as in putting NO weight on his right front leg. Well it's 24 hours later and he is still limping, we have an appointment for Monday morning.... possible x-rays. I am hoping it's just a pull and he will be fine by Monday. DARN PINK RABBIT!!

Maybe I shouldn't have named Kirby "Loves Trouble"?????? :p:;):p:

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I'm sure it just a sprain but if not better by Monday the vet is the way to go. I'm surprised I don't have to go to the vet more often with how rough my two play.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

He is much better today so I am hoping with a little more rest I will be able to cancel that appointment. :crossing

Oakley's Dad - I'm with you, mine are very rough too. goofy dogs!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Poor guy. Hope he is feeling better soon too. You goldens are beautiful.

Reactions: Muddypaws

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
He probably strained something leaping up out of a sound sleep (HELLOOOOO, Kirby...sleeping dog HERE). :crossfing:crossfing:crossfing that he contines to improve.

Remember it's not Pink Bunny's fault, she's a victim here too. :smooch:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the good thoughts.

Darby is much better today, he is putting weight on the foot but still limping slightly. I noticed he hardly limps at all outside so I think he is wary of the floors and slipping. Smart boy. I am hoping I can cancel he appointment tomorrow but will keep him quiet this week, no need to aggravate it. He may miss Rally tomorrow night but Kirby can go for him. ;) She could use the practice anyway.

I guess I will forgive the pink bunny, she just had major surgery (again) yesterday. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Glad to hear he's better! I know Penny sometimes scrambles when she's startled; amazing that she doesn't hurt herself, too.

Ya, I think Kirby needs to go and work off some of that energy. Darby says: see ya, kid!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heh heh... Kirby has energy to spare for sure. She can go for a two hour walk and still be bouncing at the end, come home a race around the yard. I sure wish I could bottle it!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts