Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 6 days and Trooper is getting more and more comfortable. He has been play bowing to Kirby, rolling in the leaves and got a case of the "old-man" zoomies. Tonight he had the ultimate confrontation with Mellie (the cat) and lost. I heard a little snarkle and when I checked, poor Troop had blood around his eye. Cleaned him up and he is fine, then STRESSED leave the cat alone - she is a well armed old lady. Steel Magnolia - that's my Melanie.

Tonight he climbed up on the sofa and is sleeping next to me. Darby's nose is out of place but Hey - he's asleep over by the door.... I didn't think he'd make it but Troop is determined. He is becoming a regular member of the family and I am seeing more and more of his personality. What a happy joyous guy he is. :D

Hope to get a few more pictures this weekend.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Glad to see Trooper is fitting in and his wonderful personality is starting to show!! Sorry the cat got him, but hopefully he learned to leave the cat alone!:doh:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
1/17/2012 update

Just wanted to let you all know that Trooper went to the bridge today. He has been doing great but last night he couldn't get comfortable and was not able to lay down at all. We took him to the emergency hospital and his liver was terribly enlarged. He spent the night comfortably in an oxygen cage, this morning DVGRR rescue spoke with his doctor, he was not able to breath well without the oxygen and we let him go.

We were able to stay with him and he went so peacefully. My heart is crying and we miss him so much. It was so easy following in love with him, he was such a gentle happy soul. We were blessed to have him in our lives and feel so fortunate to have had him for 2 months.

Thank you all for reading about his story, the advice, the prayers and the love you sent him, he felt it. :)

He is at the bridge with some wonderful company and I know he is running and wrestling and having a wonderful time. I posted some pictures on the GFR FB page and on my wall. We love you Troop.

·
Missing Tasha, Sky, & Ral
3,380 Posts
I am so very sorry. You are very special angels for fostering Trooper and showing him love. He went to the Bridge knowing he was loved. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. Hugs

RIP Trooper

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,579 Posts
I am so sorry to hear Trooper has passed. God bless you for the love and care you gave him during his final days.

Godspeed sweet Trooper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts