Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all!

I'm potentially getting a puppy from Lori Murfitt of Trilogy Goldens in Sherwood, OR. I've read good comments about her on this forum. However, it looks like she's in partnership/breeds dogs with Judy Slayton of Wood Duck Retrievers (aka Northwest Goldens) who has undesirable reputation on this forum from what I've read.

Can someone help me translate the K9data info and maybe supplemental suggest questions I can ask Lori to make sure we're taking all health precautions?

Dam:
Trilogy'N'Wood Duck Rumor Has It

Sire:
CH Trilogy's All Eyez On Me

Thank you!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Both sire and dam are UTD except eyes. The K9 data pages seem to indicate eyes were done (not sure when) but not sent into OFA.

If I was interested in this litter, I'd ask to see the most recent eye certs for both dogs and copies of the DNA testing for both dogs (not sure why only 2 DNA tests were done when the general panel is 4... so not sure if they are carriers or affected and not being disclosed, if the tests were never done, or if they were just omitted from k9data on accident).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both sire and dam are UTD except eyes. The K9 data pages seem to indicate eyes were done (not sure when) but not sent into OFA.

If I was interested in this litter, I'd ask to see the most recent eye certs for both dogs and copies of the DNA testing for both dogs (not sure why only 2 DNA tests were done when the general panel is 4... so not sure if they are carriers or affected and not being disclosed, if the tests were never done, or if they were just omitted from k9data on accident).
Terrific, thank you!

ps What's "UTD"?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Should I be asking for the COI?
You would need to see a test breeding to know what the COI is and it takes I think 7 days for that to be calculated on new entries. If they have a test breeding entry, I'd ask to see it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Test breedings or any other COI are run once a month. Just FYI.
OK last question for now...It's been 15 years since I bought a GR puppy so i'm in learning mode...

Would it be unusual for me to ask for the COI? How typical would it be for the breeder to have that?

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
There is an interesting discussion about COI by DanaRuns, a knowledgeable and excellent breeder, in post 4 of this thread

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
OK last question for now...It's been 15 years since I bought a GR puppy so i'm in learning mode...

Would it be unusual for me to ask for the COI? How typical would it be for the breeder to have that?
I don't think it would be unusual to ask. I personally haven't asked. I've checked the test breeding cause that link was freely given by my breeder and I've filed it away but for me, personally, the COI stuff beyond checking if it is over or under the average... is beyond me at my current education level. I understand the reason behind it to a degree, but I wouldn't be able to hold any semblance of conversation with a breeder over the COI of their litter beyond, "Hey I noticed, the number is higher than average" or "Hey I noticed this is a tighter linebreeding; what are you hoping to accomplish with this specific pairing and what concerns does this tight of a linebreeding raise for you?"

But beyond that I'm rubbish. I trust my breeder (who produced both Lana and Molly) to make the best decisions for her program and that trust is based on her adherence to the COE re: clearances, and her actions as a GRCA member (and local chapter member). Plus her honesty and how open she is about her program when I have questions. Goodness knows over the past 3 years I'm sure I've talked her head off and still she remains steadfast as a supporter and guide with my girls.

·
the party's crashing us
4,334 Posts
Pretty awesome pedigree. You'd be lucky to get one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts