Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
and Miss Riley and Jake
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A year has passed since we lost Kelby. There's nothing much we could say that hasn't been said here before, other than we miss her.
The following people are some of the folks that welcomed us, consoled us, empathized with us, and generally encouraged us. You have helped in a most appreciated way. Thank you from both of us.
Michael and Tammy

Kimm Debles Jo Ellen Golden contriever3 Penny & Maggie’s Mom
Jackson’s Mom bwoz My Real McRoy jaireen
wishihad2goldens Abbydabbydo Arcane
Paula bedard jealous1 Bogey’s Mom
Carolina Casey fostermom Swanolck Mighty Casey’s Mom
Agoldenliferanch june007 Ljilly28
Oaklys Dad AmbikaGR Fozzybear New Golden Mom
Nan 3SweetGoldens Amy22 Angel Rose Celeigh Heidi36oh
Missmarstar gold4me Tahnee GR
Beaushel Pudden Thor0918
Finn’s Fan Atticus Jordie
Tess Angel Kody MissHappy Maggie’sMom Alfie’s Dad
Tipppykayak riddle03 sharlin luvmydog2
Goldensmum My 4 Boys Karen 519 Kowey
Traz Younggtx daisydogmom Hudson Sasha’s mum
Golden Daisy LibertyME Blaireli slechner NuttinButGoldens
Lawbear sbechtold Mandy's Dad 3goldens Sadiesdream

·
Goldens Rule in SW PA!
2,127 Posts
Anniversary's like that are hard.

In cases like that, we try to celebrate their life--and remember all of the good times we had.

May your pain ease with time.....

Peace,

SJ

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Stay strong on this tough anniversery. Pull out some photos and remember how much she added to your lives.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Anniversaries are so very hard....

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
We're blessed to be able to share your sweet girl, even if it was after she left for the bridge. Big hugs to you on this anniversary... and remember, she is with you still... just now on silent paws.

·
RIP Sweet Skyler
9,306 Posts
I read a portion of Bliss To You by Trixie Koontz, who is dog, everytime I update skylersfriends.com and always seem to gravitate to Step 8: Gratitude

When every day heart swells with gratitude for all the gifts of life, you are on the brink of bliss.
To know such deep constant gratitude you had to shed so much.
To approach bliss you had to shed anxiety and desperation that prevent calm, had to find quiet heart.
Very Good. Sit. Stay. Enjoy.
To approach bliss, you had to shed blinders on your eyes that kept you from see beauty everywhere in the world.
Am so proud of you. You have become human I can take anywhere.
To approach bliss, you had to realize world is a gift, is fun, happiness is your choice. You had to shed gloom and tendency to worry about things you can't control.
Give yourself a cookie. You deserve.
To approach bliss, you had to shed doubt and see that life has meaning, you are here for a purpose. This is hard step for many - to admit you MATTER, that everything does.
I would give you tummy rub if you were here.
To approach bliss, you had to shed idea that life is about you first, you had to realize life is about others.
Therefore you have overcome tendency to think like cat.
To approach bliss, you had to shed pride, had to shed idea that fame and power are important. Had to see beauty of humility.
To approach bliss, you had to shed bitterness that loss can inspire. Loss hurts because what came before it was so sweet.
Be grateful for the sweet.
Be grateful for the lessons of loss that come to a humble heart, for others in your life who help you live with loss, for meaning those others bring to your life, for laughter you share with them, for beauty of world that allows us to laugh, and for quiet heart that makes it possible to see beauty.

Running in meadows! Swimming in Lake! Chasing ball! Tug Toys! Squeaky toys! The loving hand! The scratch behind the ears! Cool water for thirst! Kitchens and all their smells! The human voice and the gentle word! Ears to hear with! Eyes to see! Tongue to taste! A heart big enough to hold it all - the wonder, the mystery, the beauty.
Oh, the grace.
Bliss To You. From me, Trixie Koontz, who is dog.

Bliss to you Kelbys'Dad. Bliss to you for finding Quiet Heart

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I read a portion of Bliss To You by Trixie Koontz, who is dog, everytime I update skylersfriends.com and always seem to gravitate to Step 8: Gratitude

When every day heart swells with gratitude for all the gifts of life, you are on the brink of bliss.
To know such deep constant gratitude you had to shed so much.
To approach bliss you had to shed anxiety and desperation that prevent calm, had to find quiet heart.
Very Good. Sit. Stay. Enjoy.
To approach bliss, you had to shed blinders on your eyes that kept you from see beauty everywhere in the world.
Am so proud of you. You have become human I can take anywhere.
To approach bliss, you had to realize world is a gift, is fun, happiness is your choice. You had to shed gloom and tendency to worry about things you can't control.
Give yourself a cookie. You deserve.
To approach bliss, you had to shed doubt and see that life has meaning, you are here for a purpose. This is hard step for many - to admit you MATTER, that everything does.
I would give you tummy rub if you were here.
To approach bliss, you had to shed idea that life is about you first, you had to realize life is about others.
Therefore you have overcome tendency to think like cat.
To approach bliss, you had to shed pride, had to shed idea that fame and power are important. Had to see beauty of humility.
To approach bliss, you had to shed bitterness that loss can inspire. Loss hurts because what came before it was so sweet.
Be grateful for the sweet.
Be grateful for the lessons of loss that come to a humble heart, for others in your life who help you live with loss, for meaning those others bring to your life, for laughter you share with them, for beauty of world that allows us to laugh, and for quiet heart that makes it possible to see beauty.

Running in meadows! Swimming in Lake! Chasing ball! Tug Toys! Squeaky toys! The loving hand! The scratch behind the ears! Cool water for thirst! Kitchens and all their smells! The human voice and the gentle word! Ears to hear with! Eyes to see! Tongue to taste! A heart big enough to hold it all - the wonder, the mystery, the beauty.
Oh, the grace.
Bliss To You. From me, Trixie Koontz, who is dog.

Bliss to you Kelbys'Dad. Bliss to you for finding Quiet Heart

Perfect, Steve, just absolutely perfect. Trixie ( and all her golden cousins) have so much to teach us. And they make it look so easy!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is a beautiful tribute to Kelby. I hope that the happy memories will help to heal some of your pain. She is a beautiful girl. And is at the bridge playing with all of our pups and telling them about her great family.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Anniversaries are always tough days to get through, but your memories of Kelby will get you through it

They say that time heals
But that is only partly true
For if time truly healed
We would forget
And that we will NEVER do.

Keep running freely Kelby and sleep softly

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I remember your anguish...and I'm sure it's surged back again today. Sending you warm hugs and Golden kisses to wick away those tears.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Big hugs to you! These anniversaries are so hard, especially the first one. Let Riley and Jake help you both through this one..

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Wonderful tribute to your Golden girl, thinking of you today as you remember Kelby.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Very heart warming tribute to such a great Golden. This old guy still gets fogged up when it comes to these threads. Play hard at the Bridge much loved Kelby Girl.

·
Missing Tasha, Sky, & Ral
3,380 Posts
A beautiful tribute to your beautiful and special girl! Anniversaries are so hard. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We hope that the many wonderful memories you have bring you some comfort today.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Anniversaries are always sad. I remember Maggie's 1 week, 1 month, 5 months (since it was near Christmas) & 6 month. I'm dreading the 1 year. Forever in our hearts! {{{hugs}}}

1 - 20 of 23 Posts