Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have read your other loving tributes and decided to share these words about Jessie with you all

JESSIE

21/2/92 - 27/8/04
My special friend and constant companion, who greeted me each morning with his bright eyes, a wagging tail and ready for a walk!​
How much I enjoyed our time together,our strolls on the beach,our long walks along the trail, our rides in the car and trips to the park- your animated face when the words ‘beach,food or a trip in the car’ was mentioned.
A placid sweet natured dog with a boisterous vivacious ‘Asha,’ tugging at your collar, sitting on your head, or nipping your ankles, - what a gentle dog you were !
Sharing your bed with Asha –two beautiful angels (when you were asleep)!
Your special antics of nudging the door to sneak inside, and pinch the cat’s food.
Jessie took delight in rolling in ‘smelly stuff’or rolling in seaweed on the beach, and walking thru puddles and came out wearing muddy boots!
Determined, slightly stubborn, to say the least- he had his own ideas which way we should head for our walk!
Such a gentle friend of little dogs,- and a sociable fellow, to stop for a pat from an admiring stranger.
Brave and uncomplaining, he always had with a special twinkle in his eye !!
A delightful puppy, a happy much loved dog, a true friend to the end, my Jessie.
Thanking for sharing your life with me,

A special angel in heaven to watch over Asha
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
Jessie had a cancer removed,and part of his bowel, the vet did a wonderful job to perform this operation. Jessie recovered remarkably well, and I know, he knew, he had a second chance at life. He had a wonderful 11 months following and I told him how special he was.... every single day. Unfortunately the cancer came back and this time..... was in-operatable,as I received a phone call from the operating room with the bad news, we chose to say goodbye to him while he was there, and not put him through any suffering,because we loved him dearly.

Asha is a four year old retriever, who was Jess' companion, she now has a new buddy to play with.....Hudson, our new 5 month old retriever !:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It's never easy to lose a family member.You must rely on the memories to ease the loss.It sounds like Jesse made a lot of memories for you to look back on and perhaps he taught you a few things as well.
Don't forget the Rainbow Bridge,you will be with Jesse again.
You must believe,
Shane

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou

Hi, thankyou for your kind thoughts. Yes I think of Jessie every day. We have now got another puppy...... Hudson who is 5 months old, he is a delight, and a companion for our 4 year old Retriever Asha, who really missed her mate
Regards Ann

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wanted to add this to my original tribute to Jessie but there is no edit button. Love what Steve has done to my photo of Jessie and for the doggies at the Rainbow Bridge.Thankyou so much.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Thanks for sharing your memories of Jessie - i am sure he will be watching over Asha and Hudson.

·
Goldens Rule in SW PA!
2,127 Posts
Wanted to add this to my original tribute to Jessie but there is no edit button. Love what Steve has done to my photo of Jessie and for the doggies at the Rainbow Bridge.Thankyou so much.
Steve does work wonders, doesn't he? ANd glad that he'll be sticking around for awhile himself, too!

Jessie, from your description, was a wonderful old soul who gave you lots of great memories! Savor them--they will carry you through all these hard times.

SJ

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jessie was a wonderful soul, beautiful natured boy, sometimes I think he's still with us, Hudson has a similar nature, gentle, loving and a spirit of his own,and similar traits!

·
Registered
16,975 Posts
What a great tribute to a beloved companion.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss!!!! he fighted a lot and he knew how much you loved and love him!!!
a lot of hugs and kisses!!!!

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Remembering Jessie

Remembering my beautiful gentle boy Jessie, I am posting early, his anniversary is on the 28th of August but I will be away on holidays and may not have internet and so I am remembering my beautiful boy I lost to cancer .... 27/8/04. If you scroll to the top for the page you can see my original post and my tribute to him... that is how I came to discover the forum.
Celebrate with all your golden friends Jessie at the Rainbow Bridge.... forever in my heart.
Photos
Jessie
Jessie and Asha
My son Dylan and Jessie
Dylan and Jessie
Painting of Jessie on our wall.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jessies collar is by my bedside. He was a beautiful soul.
Hudson does remind me very much of Jessie, gentle, loving, loyal and with a mind of his own, Jessie only like to paddle in the water and so does Hudson and both were big golden boys.
Hope you are having fun at the bridge Jess.... love you.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
What a handsome guy Jessie was. Its so sad when they leave us, but we will see them again at the Rainbow Bridge...I just KNOW it. Thank you for sharing your tribute with us.

·
Missing Molly
1,524 Posts
Your original tribute was wonderful as is your anniversary tribute. They leave us physically but they never leave our hearts, do they? It is nice to know that your Jess is running at the bridge with or Goldie.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
What a wonderful, beautiful boy. Your tribute brought tears to my eyes even now. I'm so glad you have such wonderful memories and beautiful pictures.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Jessie

Rest in peace, sweet Jessie. Play ball w/my Snobear.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks so much for your comments, I agree they never do leave our hearts.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Ann, your tribute to Jessie is so beautiful. Thanks for posting it again. I know how hard anniversaries are.

Our Max's collar and leash hang by our bed along with a collage we made of his photos when he died.

Jessie's personality sounds so much like Selka's.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts