Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Please refer to the thread titled "GEORGIA-Two Golden X's-Bentley & Shaina, Life Hanging by Thread".

I'm attempting, for the first time, to rescue some Goldens. My own special boy, Champ, went missing in January and, as I've been on the lookout for him, I came across these two who are about to be put down. I would appreciate any and all help in transporting the pair to Nebraska.

http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/showthread.php?t=73336

Many, many thanks!
Kathy

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I posted in the rescue thread about these guys and am waiting to find out more.

·
Premium Member
18,635 Posts

·
I'm Jane, owned by Midas
590 Posts
I e-mailed Jealous1 - she is in Georgia, but I'm not sure how close to Spalding. I'm in Michigan, so I can't do much else.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
if you were coming through pa. I would gladly help.
beth, moose and angel

have you tried some transport groups? I know my rescue uses a transport from kentucky to pa/ny. maybe there is one that goes from s.c. to the midwest, or try that trucker transport group (they transport rescue dogs with the truckers that are driviing regular routes)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Val with Rescue Angels of Georgia is being extraordinarily helpful in trying to coordinate getting someone to the rescue to evaluate and, potentially, pick up the dogs.

Copper's Mom ~ I did inquire and confirmed that I can adopt out-of-state. I am not part of a rescue group (yet :) )Thank you so much for the extra mileage in thought you're doing. I sure hope you're feeling better.

You all are truly inspiring. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. (Mist, thanks for getting my posting squared away.)

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Pioneergal:
It's great that they will allow you to adopt.:)
Now all that needs to be done is pray they do well on their evaluation and the transport details can begin.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Here's the thread that lists members who are willing to help transport:
http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/showthread.php?t=70674&highlight=transport

Pioneergal, I am sorry about your champ going missing. I have always been quick to rescue another one in need when one of mine dies. It helps me cope. I hope you find another special dog to enter your heart and make it whole again.

I believe amy22 is in GA and has helped transport before. The transport is not salted to come my way, but I can help someone else with gas money if needed.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shaina was adopted by someone else after I hung up with Spalding County this morning. Bentley is shortly on his way to a caring home to be boarded and vetted before "coming home" while I continue to make travel arrangements. I'm pursuing the travel angle with the different ideas you all are proposing.

Again, thanks!

Kathy

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Bentley sure is handsome. Good luck and please let me know if you need any assistance I can supply.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Kathy

Kathy

It is wonderful you want to adopt Bentley. Since he is in a Georgia Shelter you will probably need a licensed GA person to pull him. Since spartan Mom
goes on Saving Georgia Dogs Forum I think quite a bit, she might be able to find someone for you. I am glad to hear that someone said they will foster him until you find transport AS Transport can take 2 weeks to arrange.
One suggestion I definitely have is for you to go to PilotsNPaws and Animal Rescue Flights and post a msg. that you need transport from and to where.
You need to follow their rules for posting and what the dog might need etc.
but because this is a long distance from GA to NE, this might be the best way for you to go.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I'm throwing this out there... but I haven't yet discussed it with my husband.

He's going to NC this weekend and returning to Western PA the same day. If someone could get them to NC, we can get them to PA... then someone else would need to take over all the way to NE. This might only work if someone has a trip already planned in that direction. I came back to clarify, because my husband thought I was retarded. I do realize that GA is equidistant to PA and NE! lol...Still, if anyone is planning a trip from Ohio/PA/WV/NY to the midwest- it could work!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Spartan Mom ~ I'm too new to post privately. I tried but haven't racked up enough messages! I'd love to hear from you further on your suggestion. Please don't hesitate to PM me. K

·
Mom to 9 :)
2,383 Posts
When Spartan'smom contacted me, I thought these two were in Spalding, GA, not Spalding Co., GA, so I had responded about that I might be able to pull and take as far as Atlanta depending on timing. Unfortunately, Bentley is north of me and I am not in a position at work to take off this week or next to try and pick up and go further north. Maybe one of the Atlanta folks could help out with p/u and transport up I-75?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm calling my brother's girlfriend now. She's planning a road trip from South Carolina to Nebraska soon, and when I told her about transport over Christmas she seemed very interested. If she's still interested, and someone could foster (she might even foster... she's expressed interest in the past) until the trip she might be willing to take them most of the way. I'll let you know what she says.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Kathy in Nebraska

Kathy in Nebraska: LauraBella on this forum sent this offer. Please contact her if this would help you with Bentley:
GA dogs?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi~

Am I correct in understanding that you are looking for people to sort of "relay" the rescue pups across the country, by car?

Excuse me if I misunderstand.

I am in East Tennessee. I live in Bristol, but I will be in Chattanooga (actually Cleveland, TN) on Friday. (I will be staying overnight if the weather is poor.) That's pretty close to the Georgia line.... I'll be driving home to Bristol Friday (or Saturday, weather dependent). That's a small leg of the trip...if someone could meet me to take them on.

Of course, I should mention that I will be in a car (mid-sized/Altima), so there would be no room for two large crates....

It probably doesn't help.... But I thought I would offer.

~Laura

MILLYSMOM: That would be ideal if your brother's girlfriend is driving from South Carolina to Nebraska
Someone would need to get Bentley to South Carolina to meet her if she goes.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts