Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone needs to pull this dog ASAP- and maybe keep for a day or two! Someone in PA or OH, she is an hour from Cleveland and an hour from Pittsburg!!!!

Then we need to get her down to me!!!!

So, who is in between PA/OH and Florida?

Step one, we need the dog pulled NOW! Today or tomorrow!!! Can ANYONE go to the shelter, get her (it's free) and hold her for a day or two? She is friendly, good with kids and dogs, a little dominant with other pushy females, but could be crated if you're concerned. She's healthy, five years old, pics coming- GORGEOUS Golden x Collie with a Golden face. Looks like a sable Golden Retriever! I will update with new pics as soon as I have them!

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, duh! If you can pull, let me know, and I'll give you the direct cell number to who you need to talk to!

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She is scheduled to be euthanized WEDNESDAY., OCTOBER 21ST**WYNONA HAS RECEIVED A FULL SPONSORSHIP TO ANY APPROVED RESCUE. REBECCA SPONSORED WYNONA IN LOVING MEMORY OF HER BELOVED "HONEY"...THANK YOU SO MUCH REBECCA AND HONEY!!!

I will take her but we need transport!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
jENNA

JENNA

WHAT SHELTER IS SHE IN? IS THERE A PETFINDER LINK.
Email Kathi Tufts [email protected] she lives in PA and might know someone or can ask a transport friend to help possibly

·
Premium Member
18,595 Posts

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Jenna

Jenna

I am going to email a friend of mine that used to vol. for Columbiana-not sure if she still does, but she might know about transport.

I will cc you on the email, but I need to know if Wynona is being pulled by a rescue, and which one, or by you as an adopter. You can answer to Toni.

1221WYNONAsponsore

Collie [Mix]
Medium Adult Female Dog Pet ID: 1221 Click to see
full size

Printer friendly Email a friend Enlarge photo More About 1221WYNONAsponsoreThis is "WYNONA" (avail 10/`16). Wynona is a young, sweet 7 years old and 49 pounds. She was found wandering on Pancake Clarkson Rd. Wynona is an absolutely gorgous Collie mix who will be even more beautiful after a good grooming. She appears to have a skin allergy on her hind quater, but other than that Wynona appears to be in good health. She seems to like the other dogs as well as children (adults too!!). She was not wearing a collar/id and no one has called to report her missing /lost. She has been given a parvo/distemper (7-way) vaccine and has been wormed for 3 days with panacur.

She is scheduled to be euthanized WEDNESDAY., OCTOBER 21ST**WYNONA HAS RECEIVED A FULL SPONSORSHIP TO ANY APPROVED RESCUE. REBECCA SPONSORED WYNONA IN LOVING MEMORY OF HER BELOVED "HONEY"...THANK YOU SO MUCH REBECCA AND HONEY!!!

Please call 330-424-6663 ext 1757 if you are interested in giving her a loving home and a second chance at life. Our adoption fee is $100 CASH which includes her spay, parvo/distemper vaccine, rabies vaccine, 3 days panacur wormer, and an Ohio dog license which will be honored throughout the state through the end of the current year.

We are opened Mon-Fri 8am-12 pm and 1pm-4pm Sat 9am-12pm ***Update*****If our hours are not convenient, our staff will be happy to set up a visitation/adoption appointment any Thursday evening in addition to our usual hours. My Contact InfoColumbiana County Dog Pound & Adoption Center
Lisbon, OH
330-424-6663
Email Columbiana County Dog Pound & Adoption Center
See more pets from Columbiana County Dog Pound & Adoption Center
Share on Facebook

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Wynona

Wynona

Any news on Wynona?
Jenna: Did you see my msg. above?

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Jenna

Jenna

I did email my friend Toni in Ohio that has worked with Columbiana.
Waiting for an answer.

Even if a transport from OH to FL is not possible, perhaps she knows of a rescue that will save her, since Rebecca was such an ANGEL to fully sponsor her!!

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, I hope a rescue can take her. I pulled two dogs today since transport seemed impossible. But one is very immediately adoptable, and I am taking her to get spayed tomorrow. The other will be here a while, she's in rough shape. So, once the healthy one is adopted, I'll have another slot. Shouldn't take long!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Jenna

Jenna

Thanks for answering. haven't rcvd. any reply from my friend Toni in OH yet, so I don't know if Wynona will be picked up by a rescue.

Is your sweet boy being neutered today?

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Nothing

:(:(Never heard back from Toni at all.

I'm afraid to email the shelter and ask about Wynona.:(:(

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Everyone got neutered yesterday- including Lindsay (now Casey) and Crystal. Jade the Shepherd is too thin and her face needs to heal a little more, she gets done in a week. She's gaining rapidly with hydration and food.

Last I heard from the shelter, this dog may have a foster for a week or two!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Jenna

WHAT you heard from the shelter about Wynona having a foster for a week or two, where would she go then?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts