Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I haven't really been on here too much lately but it looks like the TRAINING PLANS FOR THE WEEK is missing. Can someone fill me in on this?:confused:

I just got in from a small training session with my dog. We worked on some lining drills and mini T. Our field time lately has been spent hunting. I hope to get some duck hunting in on Saturday. It seems that the weather may bring in some birds.:)

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
And we have missed you!!
Because so many people train in multiple sports, they made a whole new section of the forum for us so that all the sports post training plans in one place rather than people trying to figure out where to post.
Join us in that thread!!!

http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com...22-training-plans-week-january-15-21-a-5.html

OK, I haven't really been on here too much lately but it looks like the TRAINING PLANS FOR THE WEEK is missing. Can someone fill me in on this?:confused:

I just got in from a small training session with my dog. We worked on some lining drills and mini T. Our field time lately has been spent hunting. I hope to get some duck hunting in on Saturday. It seems that the weather may bring in some birds.:)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I think that training plans in the Hunt and Field section should be for Hunt and Field training. Not to disrespect agility which my Missy can no longer do or any other training. Torn ACL, Bummer
Gunner gettin marks,marks and more marks. Not ready to hunt yet.

·
the party's crashing us
4,278 Posts
I think that training plans in the Hunt and Field section should be for Hunt and Field training. Not to disrespect agility which my Missy can no longer do or any other training. Torn ACL, Bummer
I agree I liked it better when the field training plans were in the H&F section. There's no problem with doing an obedience/agility weekly training plans thread each week in that section too. If I had a vote it would be to bring it back to the H&F section :)

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I have noticed there hasn't been much hunt and field training being posted since we started the new section, but I didn't know if that was because for many of us the weather has been so lousy we haven't been training???
Maybe we need 2 threads? One for hunt and field, one for all other?
What say you guys?

·
where the tails wag
13,381 Posts
I think there is so much crossover it makes is much easier to have a combined thread - I mean, even an obedience fetch and a field fetch are started and taught the same, heel position (no matter what you call it) is basically the same etc. Corrections and proofing may differ but it is all about training our dogs to be our companions and performance dogs .. JMO

·
Super Moderator
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think there is so much crossover it makes is much easier to have a combined thread - I mean, even an obedience fetch and a field fetch are started and taught the same, heel position (no matter what you call it) is basically the same etc. Corrections and proofing may differ but it is all about training our dogs to be our companions and performance dogs .. JMO
I always point out that your obedience exercises come from the field.:D

·
where the tails wag
13,381 Posts
LOL - but have you figured out exactly what the broad jump is supposed to emulate? What is that, the swim-by or something???

·
the party's crashing us
4,278 Posts
I think when we combined them all into one thread it watered it down. Now you have to read a 10 page thread to find 5 posts on field work. It's 3 different conversations going on at once. I think fewer people participate in the field parts of it since they have to read through all the other stuff to find posts about field. JMO sometimes I don't read through it all either.

Reactions: GoldenSail

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I think when we combined them all into one thread it watered it down. Now you have to read a 10 page thread to find 5 posts on field work. It's 3 different conversations going on at once. I think fewer people participate in the field parts of it since they have to read through all the other stuff to find posts about field. JMO sometimes I don't read through it all either.
X2.
I would like a separate H&F thread.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Is there a derby in his future?

·
Kate
21,677 Posts
I am not a hunt person, but I did feel sorry when I saw hunt people "vanishing" rather than comment on the one training thread.

I post quite a lot on the obedience thread... so of course I feel responsible for scaring or boring you guys away. Like I'm a thread killer. :eek:

I do enjoy reading about other people training (and I'm interested in reading about other sports, or training methods, even though I'm not knowledgable enough to post anything about what I see or read) - and even if it means having two seperate threads, I really hope you guys start posting again.

·
where the tails wag
13,381 Posts
One thing I kind of feel compelled to point out is that if people want H&F training plans in the H&F section, anyone can start the thread :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts