Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
where the tails wag
13,329 Posts
well, I canceled tomorrow's rental for obedience. They are predicting a Nor'Easter starting in the afternoon and turning to snow in the evening leaving us with 4-6 inches of heavy white stuff - and the rental is probably 25-30 miles from my house.

Hopefully, I can make the food pickup and work the crew a bit at the Weigh Station while waiting for the delivery truck in the morning.

·
Registered
20,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
geez Sharon, it's WAY too early to be thinking about dealing with snow. Is this early for you, or typical? We normally get our first accumulating snow around the end of November here.

·
where the tails wag
13,329 Posts
Way, way, way too early! We frequently don't have snow for Christmas! This year's weather has been really bad - th ewinter that just wouldn't quit, we are over 5 months ahead in rainfall and snow for Halloween? Out west is starting to look more inviting :)

·
Registered
20,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
long range forecast is for us to have a "colder, wetter" winter than usual, too. Sigh.

·
where the tails wag
13,329 Posts
Crap!! They just upped it and my area is predicted for 10.3 inches. Maybe if we all think good thoughts it will blow out to sea?

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Out west is starting to look more inviting :)
Come on out! You can help me design my field/agility/obedience areas in our pasture! 10 Day forcast is sunny highs low to mid 60's and overnight lows in the 30's. Usually gets a little yucky in mid Dec-Feb.

·
Inactive
4,512 Posts
LOL I think it depends on where in the west you are. I grew up in Wyoming and we ALWAYS had snow for Halloween. Halloween costumes were generally made out of sweats and/or worn under or over coats. And we've seen snow July 4 a few times as well...

The part of Idaho I am in is not that bad though...mild for me! At least the dogs like the snow, right? It can also make for challenging marking drills :)

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
I've lived in the part of Idaho you are in and it does have nice winters (for the most part, I have been through some pretty hairy ones, too). I would love to live in Montana/Wyoming/Colorado area, love the mountains and wouldn't mind the winters as I love snow! Here in Oregon, I remember when all of our winters were lots of snow and long, but things have changed and winter seems to have been pushed out about a month, and has not been as bad for the last four years.

·
where the tails wag
13,329 Posts
So it is noon and the weather forecasters were wrong - it is already snowing. But
I made it to the food pickup and worked Faelan on attention, heeling, fronts & finishes at the weigh station. Drove home, unloaded and set off to Petco with Ms Towhee. Oyy, when she has had a break she does need a refresher :)

Inside was too much for her so we went outside and ran into a few people training their small dogs, a very busy Stop & Shop as folks get ready for the storm and a lot of activity and carts. Even a person honking that turned out to be a pro trainer I know LOL This was her first time around all that activity with no visible treats or toys so overall, she did a great job.

Now to work non distraction related stuff.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts