Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure most anyone with their dog's pedigree could do this. But since she is my first dog with certified "roots" I thought it was pretty cool. His dog Rock was her ancestor .:D

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Hey, that is interesting, how did you do that, i would love to know how to trace spencer's, history, back that far, got all info on k9 data, but not that far back.would you help me?

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
wow, that's very cool, and would be great fun to do with my guys!

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was all I did, got on K9 date (I just put J in :D ) and keep going back. It gets pretty spotty back then, but enoughl to tell she has a Tweedmouth in her. Terry, I will be very intersted to see what you find out about Cambridge since she is from field lines. Let me know if you need help. It's really pretty fun:p:

·
Ripley & Levi's too!!
720 Posts
I can't bring up any of Levi's parents on k9? Why is that?

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
May be they are not inputted . Do you have in AKC pedigree showing his lines? Go back one dog and try them. Is he on K9 data?

·
Ripley & Levi's too!!
720 Posts
I have to put Levi in. I can bring up Ripley's sire and dam. Can I do any look ups with the SN numbers?

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am sorry I don't know what SN numbers are.

Reactions: Karen519

·
Registered
926 Posts
It's interesting to see when you do it for your own dog.
However, all Goldens can be traced back to Lord Tweedmouth's dog's as long as you can build out it's pedigree in K9data.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I love to stalk dogs on k9data. I too went all the way back to Lord Tweedmouth's dog with Brady - it was so much fun, and it made the story a reality.

I once told a non- golden retriever person about this, and they thought I was lying, especially when I mentioned Lord Tweedmouth's name....

·
Ripley & Levi's too!!
720 Posts
sn is their pedigree #, i believe

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's interesting to see when you do it for your own dog.
However, all Goldens can be traced back to Lord Tweedmouth's dog's as long as you can build out it's pedigree in K9data.
It is just like you said.
I have heard that all Goldens can be traced back to LT, but it is REALLY cool when you can see it with your own dog. I wish I was better at reading the lines, I would love to know if you can see where the fields branched off

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
Another fun thing to look at is the Golden Statistics at the Topbrass Website:

http://www.ungdeniablegoldens.com/TopGoldenProducers.html

It provides information on the most influential field breeding etc. If you download reports, you can be surprised. My guy is in most of them as a descendent and he's not a field golden so I don't think it's cut ad dry on where lines split.
Rhonda... Pat and Charles do all the stats... Which is Undeniable goldens. They owned Titan's sire Apollo. Charles loves stats!

Reactions: Stretchdrive

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
That's cool! I just did that with Jack's pedigree. J and Jack have similar ancestors so I'm sure we went through the same dogs. :)

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On one side, cambridge goes back to amber tweedmouth, flighty tweedmouth, then back to faithful alexander
I just did her Dad (who is stunning BTW !!) real quick. Couldn't get him back to LT but I did get him to Majoribank's Poppy. I also found some of J's realatives back there too, so we're realated !! How cool is that !:p:

Reactions: Karen519

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Susan

Susan

Pretty Cool!! Do you have a picture of her Dad?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts