Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
where the tails wag
13,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was reminded of how much joy I shared on this forum about my Towhee.

Her antics, her spirit, her adventures, what an amazing mother she was to a total of 30 puppies.

The anguish when she was hit & thrown by a car and how she pulled through and even continued to draw a crowd at obedience trials....when she was good she was very good, even being awarded a HIT at a golden specialty. When she was not so good, she derived great pleasure in pleasing her audience and honestly I loved her antics & creativity.

But also her willingness and absolute delight to find the lap of a friend she just had not met yet....stewards and bar setters were always a delightful surprise to her.

I never met a dog so mischievous, so loving, so ... well Towhee. Equally at home in the obedience or agility ring, so enthusiastic on wherever the Xterra might take her next, the walks, the hikes, the hanging around / playing / training. She had a very special zest for life.

She was peacefully sent to her heavenly home last night, being held by me as she drifted away. You see I couldn't save her so I had to let her go.

For those that remember my stories about her, her story ended surrounded by love.

My computer crashed and my replacement should have my pictures & videos, but for now I don't have any pictures or videos to post here..... but I wanted to update those who fell in love with Ms Towhee through this forum.

Godspeed precious one.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,273 Posts
Sunrise, I am so very sorry to read this...........

Towhee was a very special girl. My thoughts are with you.

Run free sweetheart

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I'm so sorry. I know she had a wonderful life with you.

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
Oh no, I am so so sorry. She held a very special place in my (and Tito's) heart.
Run free sweet Towhee.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I'm one of those who fell in love with Towhee while reading your posts. I just lost a little piece of my heart now, knowing she's gone. Words can't express how sorry I am. What a wonderful girl!

·
Kristy
9,301 Posts
I saw this and my heart dropped, she couldn't possibly be old enough... I just can't believe how the time has passed. Towhee has been an institution here, I'm so sorry for your heartache. Please share photos when you are able to. I'd really like to see them.

·
Registered
17,487 Posts
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. Would you like me to add her name to The Rainbow Bridge List?.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Sharon, I’m so sorry for your loss.
What a lovely well lived, well loved life she had with you.
Run free Towhee.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I am so terribly sorry to read this. I loved reading about the beautiful Towhee. What a life she lived! Sending hugs to you.💔

1 - 20 of 32 Posts