Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been 46 days since we had to put Greta, our 15 year old cockapoo to sleep. Jazzy, my 15 year old eskipoo had to live without her best friend. She is blind and deaf and no matter how much I tried to help her cope with this, she just could not deal with this. She would wake up crying in the night and just wander around. I'm sure she was looking for Greta. So today at 4:00 we are letting her go to be with Greta again. They did everything together since they were weeks old so as hard as this is for us I am so happy they will have each other once again. I know Greta is waiting for her. I can't see to type anymore cause my tears are flowing like crazy. Here are some pictures.

Here they are after we brought charlie home

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
We will be thinking of you. Must be a very hard decision.

·
Mom to 9 :)
2,383 Posts
Thoughts and prayers being sent your way.

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
What a happy reunion your girls will have today! And what a selfless thing you are doing for them. I am so sorry for your loss.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I am so very sorry. That has got to be a very tough unselfish decision. Bless you. and Godspeed to sweet poor Jazzy.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I'm so sorry. Hugs to you. Godspeed sweet Jazzy. You'll see and hear your Greta soon dear one.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Hopefully they will be running and playing together at the bridge.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Even though I have Charlie & Howie, the house just seems so empty without them. I keep looking for them laying together on their bed as they always did. They were 2 dogs but to us it was like they were one. I know that sounds kind of crazy but they just did everything together. When we would call them it would be "Jazzygret" and they both would come. I am just so happy that they are together once again.

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. It is always too soon to say goodbye . . .

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss.
I can't imagine the feeling losing two in such a short period of time.
Take comfort in knowing that your girls are together, they are healthy and happy and waiting patiently for you all to be together again.
Keeping you in my thoughts and my prayers.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Even though I have Charlie & Howie, the house just seems so empty without them. I keep looking for them laying together on their bed as they always did. They were 2 dogs but to us it was like they were one. I know that sounds kind of crazy but they just did everything together. When we would call them it would be "Jazzygret" and they both would come. I am just so happy that they are together once again.
I am so sorry for your double loss. The girls look like a matched set for sure and they were so cute.
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure the girls are back together and happy, but I know you miss them terribly. Each one has it's own special hold on our heart and it is so hard to loss them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts