Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rufus' Mom aka Linda
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we made the trip down to the big city to watch the Toronto Santa Claus parade. Since Rufus is a country boy at heart we weren't sure how he'd take to the streets of Toronto and the crowds of people but thought it would be good for him. He was awesome! He loved everything... the kids..the vegetarian hot dog we bought him from the street meat vendor, the hundreds of people who stopped to pat him and tell us how gorgeous he is..everything! We lost count but at best guess 10 people asked if they could take his picture. We actually had a store owner come out and ask if he could POSE with our dog while his wife took his picture!?! At one point Rufus was playing with a little poodle and I looked up and there were FIVE people with cameras taking pictures and a guy with the video camera filming them. That was strange but I guess this is what happens when you have a handsome boy like our Rufus;) He is now passed out at my feet..it's been a long day!

I don't know how to label each picture so I'll tell you here:
1. A cute little girl whose mom said she was scared of dogs but after a few minutes with Rufus she was feeding him treats! Look at the look on her face!
2. Dad and Rufus eating street meat (Rufus has already devoured his in this picture)
3. He flaked out in the middle of the sidewalk on Bay Street....we did a lot of walking.
4. Time to go home.

Attachments

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
How fun for you guys and Rufus! And that little girl will remember him always, and will probably wind up on this forum in years to come, thanks to your handsome boy.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
The expression on the little girls face is just so sweet. Nice that Rufus has made so many people happy today. I would have wanted my picture with him too. He is a great ambassador for the breed.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
What a good boy and what a great experience for him. He is a handsome fella, I'm glad he made lots of new buddies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts