Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Family Friends?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am from Toronto Ontario Canada and I was wondering if any of you know any reputable breeders near by ( hour or two ). I've read several threads prior discussing the issue. However, the thread took place in 2009 and I am wondering which golden retriever breeders are respectable in retrospect, 2012 in Toronto Ontario! I am really nervous and have been doing research on Golden Retrievers for several months now. I am so excited as this is my and my families first dog! :) I am hoping to buy one during Summer as my 17 year old son won't have school and will have the time to take training classes/train our future beloved golden! I only want the best for our future member of the family and I was hoping some of you would know which breeders you find trustworthy. :D Thank you!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Toronto, Canada: Reputable Breeders!!!

Hi, I am from Toronto Ontario Canada and I was wondering if any of you know any reputable breeders near by ( hour or two ). I've read several threads prior discussing the issue. However, the thread took place in 2009 and I am wondering which golden retriever breeders are respectable in retrospect, 2012 in Toronto Ontario! I am really nervous and have been doing research on Golden Retrievers for several months now. I am so excited as this is my and my families first dog! :) I am hoping to buy one during Summer as my 17 year old son won't have school and will have the time to take training classes/train our future beloved golden! I only want the best for our future member of the family and I was hoping some of you would know which breeders you find trustworthy. :D Thank you!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
Hey and welcome :) Im in Ottawa as is my breeder but she is wonderful! She is Ambertru goldens.. There is also 'in the pink', 'sterre', 'Stormy nights', 'animation acres' and a few others! Good luck in your search, im sure more members will chime in... I would also broden your time range... as its already april and most breeders have wait lists.

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
I would get in touch with the Golden Retriever Club of Canada. They would be able to put you in touch with good breeders in Ontario. Best to me is talking to people who know and love the breed, and know other people who know and love the breed and are breeding only for the health and improvement of the breed.

A good breeder will talk to you for a long time - grill you about why you want a Golden, how you will care for it, how you will train it, how you will give it adequate exercise, etc. They'll also tell you anything and everything about their dogs, their clearances, etc. and be happy to have you come visit them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your consideration and help! I have called several breeders today. I have made two appointments, one with Charis' Goldens and one with Stormy Nights. Hopefully our future pup is in one of those litters, have to wait and see. Feel free to post any more suggestions, thank you :)

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I'm going with Fort Knox in Hanover, but there are a few really good breeders in ON, some of which frequent this forum (Arcane, SterreGold, etc)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Our last dog was from Moonstone Kennels, they are located in Kitchener-Waterloo. He was wonderful! He passed in December. My heart just couldn't bare to go another golden coloured retriever so we recently got an English golden retriever from Silmaril Kennels in Grimsby. Michelle was very helpful when we purchsed Buddy. Wishing you all the best in your search for a breeder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts