Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Inactive
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the point of time during the Holidays where I confess I am a die-hard introvert and I have had just a little too much togetherness! :(

To vent. My sister and I both brought our dogs to the parent's house for the holidays. Her is a fear-aggressive border collie X aussie with OCD (as most are), 3 years. My Scout is going on 9 months, and definitely not very endearing at this age. She's been going through her teens. I did not appreciate family members reciprocating that Scout was dumb and Loki smart. :mad:

I'm mostly pissed though, because I brought a bunch of Scout's toys to play with. Loki had none. It wasn't that big of a deal when Loki was playing with Scout's toys until she started guarding them and now there have been a few squabbles. Most notably I bought some balls for Scout for Christmas. I gave one to Scout and one to Loki. I took Scout aside and starting playing with the ball. It rebounded on a wall and rolled near Loki. Loki had her ball in her mouth. When Scout went to get the ball, Loki jumped her. Scout has never ever guarded her toys or snarked at other dogs, but after a few squabbles with Loki she is now starting to, and I won't tolerate it. I have made a point to hunt down all toys and put them away indefinitely. I feel like the toy nazi.

Anyway, end of rant. Thanks for listening!

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
My daughter's golden always tears up his own toys so when we visit I don't take any toys that aren't expendable. Before they visit us, I put away all my dogs' special toys if I don't want them ruined. He also destroys frisbees. Live and learn.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
feel the same way, my son brought his gordon setter over for christmas, she dominates the toys and teases my girls, i love her to pieces, but it is so much quieter with just my 3 sweet angels. lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
This is the point of time during the Holidays where I confess I am a die-hard introvert and I have had just a little too much togetherness! :(
That's funny you say that...I am the same way. Had a Christmas party to attend last night and I am finished with that stuff now thank goodness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts