Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a question, not about a golden but it could be.

Quinn our lab pup has the FASTEST tongue in the world! To think we named her "Licker's Quicker" before we met her too. Anyway she is constantly moving it in and out like a lizard. If you get your face down there she will wash it for you.

I noticed on Monday PM she has a pink (no hair) spot just under her lower lip. I honestly think she is rubbing herself raw whipping her tongue around. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I don't know I could put something on it, she would just lick it off. I supposed I could try some chapstick or something... Any thoughts?

Ann

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
My black lab mix Ace has a quick licker too! He'll just walk around and stick his tongue in and out, in and out, but he never really licks. I always say it reminds me of an anteater :) Ace also gets spots under his chin, kind of pink at first, and then blackish gray. It turned out to be acne, and some antibiotics cleared it up. He's had it several times...I wonder if that's what Quinn has?

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I will be taking Belle to the vet tomorrow. I can ask the vet. I am thinking "chapped" but what do I know! She is a SWEET silly girl. Perpetual motion too! I will mention your "acne" thought. He will probably want to see it but unless it worsens I am not sure I want to pay a vet bill...

HHMMM Maybe I can ask my girlfriend if she is around this weekend to come out to Frankenmuth and look at it. She lives not far and she is a vet.

Ann

1 - 3 of 3 Posts