Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow we go to the Breeder and pick up our new female Golden! We are going to name her Abby, and she will be 8 weeks old. I am so excited! I expect I will surely post photos.

I had the most wonderful Golden, Daisy, who passed about two years ago. I got her when she was just a pup, and she lived to almost 17. I really miss her. After I retired, she and I took a six week road trip out of Montana, and to Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, California, and Nevada. Needless to say, we really bonded during this time. I did a memorial slideshow, and if your interested you can view it at,

Well for the new pup, I have been busy with obtaining needed supplies, setting up crates, confinement area, toys, brushes, etc. Today, I am just waiting for tomorrow. LOL

Carl

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Congrats on your new puppy, and having Daisy in your life for 17 years THATS AMAZING. We should all be so lucky. Your new pup will have big shoes to fill!

·
Loki's Mum
528 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Enjoyed the slideshow. daisy sure was a treasure, & how wonderful to have shared your life with her for 17 years. You must still miss her, but what great memories the two of you must have made on that road trip. Me & my DH plan to do that when we retire in just over four years, & with our lovely boy Loki just being six months old, we hope to have many years ahead of us together. How fabulous that you have a new little bundle of joy joining you tomorrow, for another adventure-filled life. Looking forward to seeing pics at some point.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well we now have our wonderful bundle of joy, Abby! Picked her up from the Breeder yesterday morning, and she only cried for a minute or two on our hour and a half ride back home. We put her in a secured plastic crate for the trip home and she slept most of the time. Abby was a good girl yesterday, between going to the Vet, and taking in all the sites of her new home. I was surprised last night, as she went right to sleep in her crate, which we put in our bedroom. No crying, or whining at all! Got up twice in the night to take her out to her potty area. This morning she is a ball of fire, wanting to play. I am so looking forward to our new adventures with Abby! Carl:)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Wonderful job on the slide show, Daisy looked like she enjoyed life to the fullest. Congratulations on your new baby Abby! Pictures??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts