Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Toby and Bear watching out the window

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Gldiebr 
#1 ·
here are the boys looking out the window they love to lay there together and snuggle!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
ontariogolden said:
Those of you who don't let your dogs on your couches, did you train them not to from the start? What kind of techniques did you use?
Honestly I'm still trying to figure it out!! Our rule was originally that she's not allowed on the couch, but I wonder if we should loosen up a little and let her. I really don't care about her being on the couch so much, but I don't like when she stands on it. She practically begs for us to chase her and I don't want her to play wild in the house like that. If she would just relax I'd be ok with it. I don't want to be inconsistent though. Anyone have any thoughts?

#10 ·
ontariogolden said:
Such cute pictures!!
Those of you who don't let your dogs on your couches, did you train them not to from the start? What kind of techniques did you use?
Right from the start we didn't allow our first golden to get on the couch and he just never did. They always say don't allow them to do anything as puppies that you don't want them to do as adult dogs. We eventually did allow him to get in our beds and I guess he always knew that the beds were ok but the couches and chairs were not. With Bailey we just tell him "off" when he puts his paws up on the couch and he seems to be okay with that. If we want to snuggle, however, we have to get on the floor with him -- that's the down side. As of right now, he is still too short to jump on the beds since they have thicker mattresses now.

#12 ·
We were alot like you, Baileysmom. Reyna wasn't allowed on the couch or the bed. Mostly that was my husband's edict. But after she died so suddenly, he was so heartbroken that he decided he didn't want to miss a single second of holding or cuddling with Brandy or Jenna.

Jenna wasn't a cuddler at first, but she's learning. Brandy's a lap dog.

#13 ·
the boys watch the squirrels....my neighbor feeds them so they are everywhere!! they even come up on our porch. it drives them crazy. plus they are definately a neighborhood watch! they know everything that goes on. most of the time they each use different windows (there is a window on each end of the couch) but sometimes they do the cuddle thing....too cute!

#15 ·
We've always told our Bailey "4 on the floor" or "off" when she wanted to get on the sofa. It works.. to a point. If I'm out of the room, and hear Moose bark (he's 24 pounds, and allowed on the furniture and bed), I know he's telling on her. Sure enough, she'll be standing on the sofa, daring him to make her get off. What a rat. She's generally good about staying off it though.

Cute pics!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.