Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I had our first child two weeks ago today. We are slowly introducing him to our dogs. Here's a pic of our Golden, Tobey, meeting our son Rysen for the first time (first time Tobey was free to walk around, he previously met Rysen smelling him from his crate, and smelling our son's feet while I held him.

So far, so good, he's pretty calm around our son. No signs of jealously yet (Tobey was, and still is a bit jealous of our Sheltie, who we got when Tobey was 9mo old).

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
It looks like Tobey has already assumed the position of guarding the baby. they'll end up best of friends.
beth, moose and angel

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
How wonderful and definately a picture to put in Rysen's baby book. I see a bit of Tom Sawyer in this with a boy and his dog. Gonna be a special relationship here I bet.

Makes the heart warm! Your family is multi blessed.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Precious! Congrats on the birth of your son.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks... So far, so good. Both our dogs have been doing pretty well adjusting to having Rysen in the house. Of course, they've been getting a lot of extra attention. I've been home for the past 2 weeks, all day, every day. I'll be home for 2 more weeks, so hopefully by the time I go back to work, they are a bit more adjusted. Hopefully they don't get too used to having me home all the time...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts