Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Valerie
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...do they spend the majority of their time together? Mine are almost always right by each other (and us). If one gets up the other is soon to follow. I'm really thankful that they love each other so much. They have been brother and sister for about two years now and here lately it seems they are getting closer and closer. Here are some photos....I have soooo many like this :bowl:

Attachments

·
Layla and Bauer's Mommy
151 Posts
So Sweet!!! Mine are still pups- they'll cuddle on occasion (more Bauer cuddling with Layla).. Playing together is more their thing at this point in life. I hope mine will be as close as yours! Yours are adorable!

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
My mom's two labs are definitely NOT like that. Sydney is always where mom is and Sadie is mostly downstairs all the time with us. Beamer is usually with Sadie, though.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Yep my guys are like this. BaWaaJige and Vendetta are not as close as my Mikado and Maggie were but still they sleep together and play together about 80% of the day.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
Mine have their moments. Sometimes they sleep together in one area and other times, they'll be spread all over the house. Usually at night, they all congregate in our bedroom but Austin will quite often leave and sleep in the spare room on the bed.

They rarely cuddle together but when they do, it's usually Austin and Lincoln.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The girls are lovingly called the twins, though Baily is 3 years older than Riley. They do synchronized peeing outside and are usually laying within paws reach of each other. Banker is the little pest.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes, my girls were like that and worse. It got so bad that I couldn't walk one away from the other. My husband and I would have to trick them just to walk different routes. Now our oldest is gone and the new addition is a boy. I will bet that they will do the same in time and also become as close. It seems they become dependant and who can blame them?

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Are yours close in age? Gunner is 8 and Sasha is one. Sometimes Sasha lays by Gunnie but they each usually take a couch or lay with me. At night they start out by each other on the floor but eventually go lie on the couches.
They play together , especially when it snows! Then Gunnie acts like he's 0ne too!

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
My two tend to spend a lot of time together, although it's mostly Lucy following Chance around, (while Chance is following me around). Whenever Chance goes outside, Lucy's never far behind. When we first adopted Lucy, Chance was very dependent on her...wanted to be in her space all the time. Now, almost 4 years later, their roles seem to be reversed. Lucy wants to be where ever Chance is.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Oh yes. Ours were close from the moment Murphy came into the house. They slept cuddled up from the beginning. At this point, they love to do everything together. We make a point of taking them to training classes and activities separately just so they're not so dependent on each other. Fletcher has been such a patient big brother and Murphy has learned so much from him. I was trying to teach Murphy a trick once and he just wasn't getting it so I called Fletcher over, had him do the trick in front of Murphy, and from then on, Murphy understood perfectly what was expected. They're such a perfect temperament match for each other. We feel very lucky to have them!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ours are like that too. Packer mostly, she cannot let Lambeau out of her site at all (I think she's afraid he'll get some extra treat or something). Lambeau is pretty laid back, as long as he can be in the same room as us, he's happy.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Abby and Katy are just like that even though their age is a little over a year difference. One cannot be in without the other.

Our two girls Sugar and Lady that are at the bridge now were the same, I don't ever remember one even getting a drink of water without the other drinking at the same time.

Mike

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Danny is a snuggler and isn't happy unless he's close to one of the dogs or me. Overall, he'll follow Jasper and lie down near him. Sometimes he'll curl up next to Jasmine on the dog sofa, but he's usually nearer to Jasper or on the sofa with me.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
My two dogs always lay together, play together, wrestle... I feel like I was replaced! haha.

It'll be interesting to see later this year how a third dog will fit in with the two of them.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,581 Posts
Awwww........... grreat pictures of Maggie and Bailey Val, they're so cute together.
You got your laptop up and running-yay!

Remy says hey to Miss Mags, he wants to know when they're going to play again, he misses her.

·
AAARF!
2,216 Posts
Rindy and Finn are never very far away from each other. I think they're in love. One day I took them to the park and walked them separately. I took Rindy and my dad took Finn. After a bit I headed over towards Finn, and Rindy and Finn spotted each other across the lawn at the same time. They both stopped walking, gazed longingly at each other, and then started running towards each other like two long lost lovers. It was so cute!

Attachments

·
Valerie
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The girls are lovingly called the twins, though Baily is 3 years older than Riley. They do synchronized peeing outside and are usually laying within paws reach of each other. Banker is the little pest.
Sound just like mine...we call ours twinsies too- even though they are two years apart. Maggie is the little pest out of my two :p:

I love seeing everyone's photos of their doggies together. It's funny how some are stuck like glue together and then others are not as close.

·
Pippa and Watson’s mom
611 Posts
Pippa and Watson are very close and they keep tabs on each other: Pippa always whines to let us know when Watson has snuck around one of the gates in the house, and Watson sits at attention whenever Pippa is outside without him, waiting for her to return. But they seem comfortable hanging out independently as well--Pippa in the living room with us, Watson asleep by the back door, for example. Right now it seems like a nice balance. I hope it stays that way!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts