Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very often,Priska and Titus would lie,next to eachother:

Now,he,still,rests his head,on her bed,even though she's not,there:

And people,still,say,dogs don't feel loss!.

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Oh poor Titus! It is very hard on them when they lose their furry siblings. Dogs love routine and she was his routine. I'm sorry Laurie, Titus and family.

·
Kathy mom to Jasper
807 Posts
I'm so sad for you and Titus. Sure he misses his friend.

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Awwwww....that is a sad picture :( It took Jack a few weeks before he didn't look like he was missing Hershey. He was the only one of all my dogs that was bonded to her.

I don't know how you feel about Cesar Milan but I remember him saying that dogs NEED to go through a grieving process--it's healthy for them even though it's sad to watch.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
That is so sad.

Hugs to Titus.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Titus

It is sad to see Titus laying there alone.
I know that my Gizmo and Munchkin were so bonded and when we had to put Gizmo to sleep Munchkin never seemed to be herself. Munchkin went to the bridge 6 wks. later.
Someone said that Caesar said dogs need to go through a grieving process, and I'm sure that Titus is grieving for Priska, but maybe Titus needs another sister to love and care for.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I know the story all too well. When Zeus passed away Ciggy wouldn't even want to go outside. It was all too sad. That really was what got us motivated to get Leo. When we did he really perked Miss Ciggy up!

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
Poor Titus! Our older dog cried and cried (howled a lot) after Penny passed away. It was truly heartbreaking. It will take awhile, but he will get back to his old self. Of course you all will always miss Priska. Day by day.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Oh I feel so bad for you and Titus. It is so hard to see them grieving like that. My Shelby hid away for weeks after Beau died. Only now is she starting to play with Bama again.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Titus is really,moping around,in the house,sporting a sad face.Whenever,he hears the door open,he goes running to it!.It's so sad to look at!.

·
I &#9829; Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
That is really heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Poor Titus, how sad, please give him extra cuddles from me!

·
It's just an illusion ...
3,765 Posts
Thanks everyone,for yr nice comments!.
Sometimes,I wish I could have explained to him,what happened cos he's,still,looking,for her!.
They know
I'm also sure he knew about Priska's condition for a while ...
Maybe Priska will send him a new companion
Gros calin pour toi Titus

1 - 20 of 20 Posts