Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to see the Tito puppies yesterday. WOW, I had forgotten how much puppies can manage to get into, even in a puppy proof area! And 8 of them all running around at once, sheeesh.
The litter has been temperament tested and they're ready to go home on Friday, but most are staying until after January 1 when things settle down at their forever homes.
The breeder told me the litter is pretty uniform in temperament. ALL have tremendous chase instinct, and all are already retrieving things, although 2 prefer to not come back with them. One is a bit of a barker, the other 7 are very quiet.
All were more noise responsive than Tito, all are about average on pain response.
Some really nice toplines and back angles in the puppies already. One dark one, 7 medium to lighter. The little dark one is smart as can be and will be easiest to train.
It's a lovely litter!
The second photo is the little girl my client from the pet hotel is getting. The fifth photo is one of the boys, he's going to be the most like Tito in terms of both looks and temperament. He has a lot of the same mannerisms that Tito had at that age.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Oh. My. Goodness! Barb, they are absolutely gorgeous! Tito did good! :D
I love the one in that last photo, with the ball under the chairs, like "It's mine and you're not getting it." How cute!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Too adorable Barb!! Congrats on a great litter!!!!

Reactions: hotel4dogs

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Totally agree!! She had several other items on the temperament evaluation, though, that made the breeder think she will be the easiest to train, not just overall intelligence. She also seems to like people more than she likes her littermates, which is interesting. She's very focused on people, it's hard to explain. In fact, even in the top photo you see 3 of the puppies messing with a toy, and she's into the person sitting on the chair. You'd have to see her, I agreed with the assessment that she'd make an incredible obedience dog.
Also is already housetrained, was at just over 6 weeks old, trained herself.
She's going to be a fantastic dog.

Awww...puppy love!

PS. I sweat smartest doesn't always mean easiest to train!

Reactions: Titan1

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
OMG SERIOUS CUTENESS!!!!!

I WANT A PUPPY!!!!!!

SMACK!!!!! I don't need another puppy.

This is exactly why I will NEVER breed golden pups. I could never ever part with any one of them.

Tito you done good.... though Teddi says the mother is still a floosie stealing her man!

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Oh my goodness!! They are precious :) Did you son go with you?

I would agree that some dogs are more people oriented from birth and this makes them easier to train in many ways - my Faelan is very people oriented with a desire to win approval. So was my Rowdy. King, Casey and Towhee were/are all more 'normal' in their desire to experience all the world has to offer :)

Totally agree!! She had several other items on the temperament evaluation, though, that made the breeder think she will be the easiest to train, not just overall intelligence. She also seems to like people more than she likes her littermates, which is interesting. She's very focused on people, it's hard to explain. In fact, even in the top photo you see 3 of the puppies messing with a toy, and she's into the person sitting on the chair. You'd have to see her, I agreed with the assessment that she'd make an incredible obedience dog.
Also is already housetrained, was at just over 6 weeks old, trained herself.
She's going to be a fantastic dog.

·
every moment is a gift
3,127 Posts
They are SO adorable! I can't imagine so many puppies in one place! My friend's granddaughter left her in charge of 3 - 7 week old labs (it was a litter of 6 that she divided among family) for a weekend so she could go on vacation. :doh: My friend was 79 at the time and she's a firecracker, but she kept asking me to come by and help her wear them out - - I happily obliged :D

I sometimes wish they could stay so small and cute, but with bladder control and without those ouchy-sharp teeth! :)

·
Mandy's Mom
1,488 Posts
How adorable they all are!! Tito done good!

Barb, when you got Tito, did you get him with the intention of training, etc.? Just curious.

So cute, thanks for posting pictures, too.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Goodness are they that old already?!? Lovely puppies, and serious cuteness overload for sure. You can see Tito in them, what a nice uniform litter.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
8 families whose lives will change dramatically with the start of the New Year. And Tito is responsible for this in a BIG way!! He dun good!!!

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
That little dark girl would have been mine if I was picking !! Good job Tito !!!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nope, not at all!!! That's why I call him my "cinderella dog". I got him as a pet puppy for my daughter, nothing more. He was sold to me on a limited registration as a pet.
And look how he turned out :)

How adorable they all are!! Tito done good!

Barb, when you got Tito, did you get him with the intention of training, etc.? Just curious.

So cute, thanks for posting pictures, too.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would have to be Tobie, it's a girl :)

They are just adorable!! I hope one day I'll be bringing a Tito puppy home too...:smooch::smooch:

I think the barky one needs the name Toby BTW!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts